chapter three

September 10, 2014

Dylan and I have been friends for 2 months now and as a result, my feelings for him deepen. We are in the gym now with the whole class to practice in our upcoming event, this is for our cheer dance presentation. "Karina!" I didn't notice that Maxwell had been calling me, my brain was too busy. "Yes? What is that, I'm sorry I didn't hear it" he handed me some water and I thanked him, we just finished practicing dance so I'm still tired "Are you okay?" he asked.

"Of course," I assured him. "Really? You've been staring at Dylan and Ava for a while" I just realized that I was looking at them, maybe my heart breaks a little because I see them both being close, I really envy Ava. "I didn't notice, sorry. I'm just tired maybe" I use any excuse so that Maxwell will not ask some more questions. Even one of my friends doesn't know that I like Dylan, even Vivian doesn't know. "Maxwell, can I tell you a secret?" he smiled. "Of course, what is that?"

"I like Dylan, I don't love him yet I just like him but-" I was stopped for what I was going to say when he suddenly spoke. "okay Karina, calm down, I know and you don't have to worry I won't tell them," he smiled and my heart calmed down. Maxwell is really a trustable guy, even if other people think basketball players are heartbreakers and bad boys but he is not like that, Maxwell is a soft person so it's fun that I have a friend like him.

Maxwell and I were surprised when suddenly someone jumped between us and put her arm around us, it was just Vivian. "What are you two talking about huh?" she asked, I looked at Maxwell and gave him a sign not to tell Vivian what we were talking about. "Nothing, why are you here?" Maxwell replied, but Vivian just stared at us as if she didn't believe it. "You both know Max is my twin, so I feel like you two are hiding something from me," she bragged about her telepathy powers, proudly.

"You know, Karina is going to rest so let's go first, right?" Maxwell slowly pushed Vivian away from the bench we were sitting on, he winked at me before he left and I just smiled at him. I looked back at Dylan and noticed that he and Ava were no longer together, but he was looking at someone so I also looked at where he was looking at and he was still looking at Ava. I can't blame him if he likes Ava but why her? Ava is my friend, so it's painful for me that the one I like likes one of my friends.

"Karina, come here!" our teacher called me, so I approached my other classmates. I passed in front of Dylan, and he smiled at me, but I just ignored him. "you're one of the ones we're going to throw, you're one of the flyers and Dylan will catch you" I looked behind me and Dylan immediately looked at me, why is my life like this, full of bad luck and he will also catch me when I want to avoid him someone will always be the one to make way to make me communicate to him.

I approached him, and he tapped me on the shoulder and he pushed me closer to him which surprised me. "trust me, I'll catch you," he whispered to me. I was surprised because I feel it has a double meaning, in dance or real life? Whenever he has a chance, he wants to mess up my brain. "are you ready?" Jayden asked me, he's also one of my bases. Somehow Jayden and I became close because of Dylan. My friend group is growing now while I'm in college, so I'm happy and I'll definitely enjoy this.

They were already arranging the steps to be performed before I will be lifted and be thrown. I can get steps quickly so I'm hoping this will finish soon because I don't want to see Dylan for now because I might be jealous for no reason, we don't have a relationship so I also don't have the right to be jealous. Ava was also one of the flyers, so I wondered why he wouldn't be catching her. We have prepared a formation to fix our formation. I'm also scared because it's my first time but I need to do it for our section.

Dylan supported me up to the base, and we prepared for practice. It's time to throw me, but I'm obviously nervous so my legs are shaking. "Karina calm down, you trust me right?" and all of a sudden they threw me, and I just closed my eyes, when I realized I already landed the first thing I saw was Dylan, it was as if everyone was in slow motion. My thoughts broke down when our teacher said it was okay, I quickly left his hold and ran to the bench without looking at him.

Vivian noticed I was in a hurry, so she stopped me. "Karina, what happened to you? Are you okay?" I returned to my senses as she slapped me on the arm." That hurts" I complain to her. "I'm sorry, it's because you're daydreaming" she apologized, she handed me some water and I took it. It's good that Vivian is there because I don't know what will happen to me if ever, I might just hit the wall because I don't pay attention to what I'm doing.

"Where is sir?" I asked Vivian, she pointed to our teacher who is at the gate saying goodbyes to my other classmates who are about to go home. "Wait for me, let's go home together," I reminded Vivian and ran to our teacher. "Sir, can I have a minute?" he smiled. "What's that Ms. Min?" I took a deep breath before speaking. "Can we replace Dylan? Can someone else catch me except him?"

"Do you have a problem with Mr. Jeon?" he asks with concern. I shook my head "Sir, no, it's not like that," he smiled and tapped me on the shoulder. "Talk to Mr. Jeon first," I smiled and thanked him before turning my back to him. I was about to leave when he suddenly spoke. "Mr. Jeon requested me that he wants to be the one who will catch you so that he can make sure that you are safe"

-

Dear Dylan,

You're really confusing me, you're so sweet to me today and then the next day you're not. Please don't give me false hope because I'm sure I'll rely on you.

Love, Karina.