chapter two

July 11, 2014

"Thank you like really really, every time I need help you're there" I was happy and grateful when I met Dylan in the hallway. My phone's battery died, and I had to call Vivian because even though I stayed on this campus for a few days, I still couldn't remember where the canteen was. "Okay. Thank you, here's your phone" I reached out to him to give his phone back, I was about to leave when I turned my gaze back to him. "Do you want to come?" he hadn't answered yet, but I already dragged him out of the hallway.

"Where are you taking me?" he asked but I ignored him. I was still holding his hand and people were already looking at us because who am I to drag him, it's like I'm kidnapping him. "Don't worry, I won't take you somewhere dangerous" I calm him down, I'll just take him to the canteen so that I can introduce him to my friends. Vivian gave me earlier instruction when I called her on Dylan's phone where the canteen was, it's a good thing that I'm good at directions.

"You can tell me that we're going to the canteen," he said to me while smiling, that's the smile that makes my heart fall for him. "No it's okay, maybe you don't know where the canteen is so I've accompanied you" I bragged as if I had been in this school for a long time. He laughed which made me look at him badly, does he want to annoy me? "How can I not know the whole school if since high school I have been studying here, I'm the student council president this year"

I was choked on my saliva in no time. I dragged him to the canteen to accompany him but it turns out that he was the president of this school. "Sorry, omg don't punish me" I acted to kneel in front of him but he suddenly grabbed my hand to stop me and dragged me into the canteen. "I'm hungry, let's eat," he smiled.

"Karina!" Someone suddenly shouted across the side of the canteen, when I looked at the other side I saw Vivian sitting with Ava and a man I did not know. We approached them and were surprised that someone had already ordered food for us. "We didn't know there was something between the both of you," the man teased us, the one who was with them that I didn't know who is. "Karina this is Jayden, Mine, Dylan, and Ava's old friend," I suddenly remembered, Ava and Vivian have been studying here for a long time so they probably know Dylan for a long time.

"Why are you two together?" Vivian asked the two of us, what can I say to her? I was about to answer when Dylan suddenly spoke. "She showed me where the canteen was" the three of them laughed, why did he say that. I kicked him at the bottom of the table, and he just smirked at me, he really a boastful man. "I have to leave, I'll be back in class later, okay?" Ava informs us, Dylan didn't pay attention or even look at her, hm weird. "Eat now, the food might become cold," Vivian said.

"What about Maxwell? Is he still not coming yet?" I asked, he's another friend of mine and Vivian's, it's her twin, they are identical twins. "ah, that boy. He's still playing basketball with his friends" Vivian replied while eating, In no time, I know she's going to eat all the food she ordered for us. "Do you like fries?" Dylan asked me, I nodded and he slides the tray of food towards me. His little concern for me is touching, it's rare for a man to be so kind, it's really endearing.

After we had eaten, the two boys took us to our classroom. We were full even though the food was simple because we were with our friends. "How long have we been meeting? I don't even know your name,". Dylan suddenly said out of nowhere. "Me? You don't know me yet?". I asked, he smiled indicating that he didn't even know my name.

"Karina, Karina Min". I held out my hand to introduce myself formally to him. He extended his hand to shake my hands. "Dylan, Dylan Jeon".

-

Dear Dylan,

It's funny to see our acquaintance with each other evolve. No man took care of me how you take care of me, except my father of course. I hope our friendship will continue, it's fun to think that whenever I have a problem, you will be the first one to pick me up.

Love, Karina