chapter fifteen

January 10, 2015

I still can't process in my brain that Dylan's asking me out on a date, I feel like it's all just a dream. But here I am now in front of my house and waiting for him.

We planned to go to the mall and watch a movie but we can't find a good show so the two of us decided to go to the nearby park here in our neighborhood.

Suddenly a car honked in front of me and lowered its window, I saw Dylan in a blue polo shirt and he immediately got out of the car.

"You're beautiful in pink," he complimented me before he held my hand and guided me into his car. When he entered the driver's seat, he held my hand again but I stopped him. "We'll have an accident, you'll be distracted by my hand" I was worried but he just smiled.

"I know how to drive, you don't have to worry" he assured me and started his car.

My hand feels empty before but now I'm holding someone who can make me feel like I'm home.

We arrived at the playground in less than a few minutes, I don't even know why Dylan even brought a car. He went to the back of his car to open the storage and pulled out a mat, he had obviously prepared for this date.

I also brought some food because we decided to have a picnic here. When we finished setting up the food, we immediately lay down on the mat laid on the grass. "Such a beautiful day to spend time with you" he looked at me and smiled as he took my hand and intertwine his hands with it, and placed it on his chest.

I just let it slide since I also want to enjoy the moment we have now.

After all, every time we both have fun something bad happens. it's nice to feel the love that comes from him, no words can explain how I feel for Dylan.

The feelings I felt in the past with some other guys are different from his, I can say that this is gonna be my greatest love.

"Do you want to eat?" he asked as he helped me sit on the mat. "What do you like here? Do you like this sandwich? Or this?" He offered some food one after the other, I took all of them and put them in my mouth one by one so that he wouldn't be disappointed.

He looked at my face and suddenly laughed, I was confused so I slightly pushed his arm. "Why?" I answered in astonishment and he suddenly wiped my lips. "It's mayonnaise," and he wiped my lip with a tissue, oh that's why he laughed.

All afternoon we talked about random things. He gave me stories about his childhood memories that he will never forget and I also shared my own story. I saw his side that other people can't see in him, if at school he is a responsible president here when I'm with him he becomes a different person as if he is free in everything he does.

We didn't even notice that it was late at night already as we enjoyed the time we had. "Should we go home?" Dylan asked as he noticed that the cloud was getting dark. "I have a curfew," I reminded him so we started to clean up.

We took the other foods and put them in paper bags and folded the mat we were using. Dylan parked his car outside the park so we need to walk for some minutes before we can arrive.

Since earlier, Dylan hasn't let go of my hand so it's a bit sweaty. "Dylan, can I have my hand for a second?" I asked, it seems like he doesn't want to let it go.

He let go of my hand and we stopped walking for a while because he was also a little tired when we suddenly felt the rain dripping from the sky. He immediately grabbed my hand again and we both ran out of the park.

As I looked at him, I felt the world slow down again. I could see the gleam in his eyes when he looked and smiled at me. It's like we're the only ones again on earth, it's like the whole world is ours. The rain rolling down from his hair to his face looks so ethereal to me.

We immediately got out of the park and immediately went inside the car. When we entered the car all we do is just laugh as if no one cares even if we are wet from the rain. "That was crazy" he laughed as he handed me the handkerchief.

I pushed him closer to me and the shock was obvious on his face so he also fell silent. "I'm going to dry your hair," I smiled to inform him before I wiped his wet hair. "Thank you" he shyly smiled.

"Do you know how to drive?" I stopped drying his hair and looked at him. "No, I haven't had a chance to learn to drive yet" he smiled at me as if an idea had entered his brain. "Do you want me to teach you?"

"Now?" I asked. "Yes, it's easy" I was nervous but I slowly listened to what he was teaching. I'm getting it a little but I'm still nervous since I'm not that good at listening to instructions, I might break his car.

"You ready?" he smiled at me which encouraged me to do well. I looked at him worriedly, he made me sit in the driver's seat as he moved to the passenger's seat. "You can start it" he didn't stop encouraging me. "Okay, I'll be careful" I took a deep breath before I start the machine and turned it on.

"You're doing great" he was obviously proud of me and he patted me on the head which made me surprised and suddenly pulled the brake. We both shouted and closed our eyes shut, when we opened our eyes, we both looked at each other and laughed at each other.

"You did great no matter what " he smiled proudly and handed me his blue jacket and wrapped it around my body.

"You look great in my clothes," he complimented as I blushed. We exchanged seats again. He also suggested going home because the rain has also stopped.

"I'll teach you more the next time" he took my hand and assured me. He maybe saw that I was still nervous because of what happened earlier.

He started driving and we just played random songs. We listen to the shuffled songs in his playlist.

Sometimes we laugh and talked so the drive home doesn't become boring, his cellphone suddenly rang so he answered it immediately and put it on loudspeaker.

"Hello who is this?" he asked on the other line.

"Dylan, I need you here" someone replied with a familiar voice, it's Ava

-

Dear Dylan,

Should I be happy to have a date with you? or should I worry that after all, Ava is still the one who is on your mind?

Love, Karina