chapter sixteen

January 12, 2015

Since last Saturday, I have never had a chance to talk to Dylan. I was busy that weekend and I don't know what he was up to because he didn't call or text me when we finished our date, and then I remember that he went to Ava's house.

I slowly entered the classroom wearing Dylan's blue jacket wrapped around me. Since December and January, you can feel the cold all over your skin.

"Vivian, did you see Dylan?" I immediately asked Vivian who was already sitting in her chair, she was on her cellphone and didn't care about her surroundings. "No, all I know is that he's outside with Jayden" she replied while still scrolling also on her phone.

Anyone in the squad didn't know that Dylan and I went out and dated since he said he didn't want to let them know until we became official. Even one of them besides Maxwell still didn't know that I like Dylan.

"There's the one you're looking for," Vivian said to me while looking at the door. The smile appeared on my lips but it suddenly disappeared when I saw Dylan and Ava in front of the classroom laughing.

He helps her enter the room carefully and it is obvious that he is very caring towards her.

"What happened to you?" Vivian asked as soon as she saw that Ava was having a hard time walking. "There was an accident while we were practicing cheering" Ava explained.

Dylan slowly supported Ava to sit down on her chair, he was also carrying her bag and other belongings and slowly laid them on the floor.

So maybe that is the reason why Ava needed Dylan the other day because of the mishap that happened to her, Dylan is her closest man friend in the squad so maybe Ava called him first.

When he finished taking care of Ava, he sat down in his designated chair which is just next to mine.

"Are you okay?" he asked as he handed me the sandwich, I mentioned to him that I love sandwiches the last time so he offered to make me.

"Thank you, you still remember what we talked about" I smiled. "I'm okay, you?" I asked, he was about to answer my question when suddenly someone called his attention.

"Dylan!" Ava shouted and he immediately approached her.

I sighed, I can't do anything and understand why he needs to take care of Ava. Somehow I wish I would get sick or have an accident so that I can also feel how he will take care of me how much he takes care of her. But when I think about it, they're both my friends, and besides, we're not an official couple yet so I don't have the right to be jealous of them both.

A smile appeared on my lips when I saw Dylan approaching me. "Karina, can I borrow my jacket?" he asked, it seemed like he was still shy about it even this jacket is his.

"Of course, it's yours after all," I said and took off the jacket and handed it to him with a smile. "Thank you so much Karina" he thanked me with a great smile before leaving and approached Ava again.

I was confused, I thought he was going to wear it but he slowly put his arms around Ava to support her to stand. He wrapped the jacket around her body.

The jacket that I had just been wearing.

I was hurt, why does he have to use the jacket he lent me to another woman. In some way, Ava is not just another woman, she is his friend and she is not far from liking her.

I just make theories for my own pleasure but that is not the truth.

Dylan came back in his seat, I won't be surprised if later he stands up again to approach and help Ava.

The smile on his face was obvious. That smile he couldn't show me, his smile is different now than how he smiled at me yesterday. I can also see the gleam in his eyes when he looks at Ava.

"I'm proud of Ava, look what happened to her but she's still strong" he suddenly told me while looking at her, he complimented her.

Dylan was very proud and really admired Ava from afar.

Deja vu, it's like Deja vu is happening. He has said and did it first with me, but now he's also doing it to Ava. I still remember how he smiled and the eyes he gave me that he also gave to her as well as the words he said to me, he says it's also to Ava now. I thought he was just like that to me but even with Dylan, I also need to share him with Ava, his attention, his special treatments, and things that are just for the two of us.

"Ms. Min and Mr. Jeon, the principal is calling you to the office" someone called us as a reason to shift my attention and lose my thoughts in my brain.

I immediately went out and hurried to walk to the principal's office first. I don't want Dylan to walk with me because I might just explode with jealousy, I don't want myself when I'm angry because I can say words that I don't mean.

When I arrived, I immediately knocked when I noticed that Dylan was behind me. "Go in," the principal signals us and we enter. We both sat in the chair and waited for Mr. Choi to speak

"I'm not going to wander around anymore, you two will be the MC again at the upcoming Senior's Prom on February 14. All the students want you two to be the MC so I'll open the practice room again so you can start tomorrow" he explained and also allowed us to go out immediately so I took the opportunity for me to leave and avoid Dylan.

Dylan noticed my haste so he also accelerated his walk so he caught up with me. "Is there a problem, Karina?" he asked as if worried. I just ignored him and continued walking.

"Karina? talk to me," he said while I increased my walk. I just don't want to talk so I can't say anything he doesn't like.

I accelerated my pace even more because he had already caught up with me and he still didn't stop following me. He suddenly pulled my hand so that I could face him, the annoyance was obvious on his face and so was I.

"What is your problem?" he asked with an emphasis in his voice, I just looked at him emotionless and slowly removed my hand from his hold, but he pushed it back again causing the explosion of my emotions that I had been hiding before.

"I like you, Dylan! How long will you be numb and can't feel my feelings for you? I want you, is that an okay answer for you? I like you and that's the problem!" I kept shouting and he was startled at me while still gripping my hand.

I let go of his hold and turned away from him with tears dripping from my eyes.

When I looked behind me I saw Ava with Maxwell who's supporting her from behind, shocked was visible from their face, and looking at us like they couldn't believe their eyes.

"Karina? I can't believe this"

-

Dear Dylan,

I wish I confessed my feelings for you more appropriately and more special, I wish I didn't explode and didn't think of my emotions. I'm sorry, to you and Ava.

Love, Karina