chapter one

July 7, 2014

I've been running here on the campus for 15 minutes. I don't care what happens to me because what's important to me is that I get to hide from my best friend Vivian Park, earlier she forced me to accompany her to the party of another friend of ours, Ava Kim. Vivian and I are a little lower (in terms of popularity) than Ava because she is famous in the whole school. After all, apart from being beautiful, she is also talented in dancing and being a school cheerleader.

I saw a room that I assume is empty, so I went in there to hide from the one and only Vi.

I breathed deeply due to I was so tired. It was very, very tiring to run for almost 15 minutes. My uniform was a mess. It's the first day of school today but look at me hiding and running. Shouldn't I be fixing myself because I have to leave a good impression because I want to join a club here at our school so that before I graduate from college I have experience in writing and I also want to be a broadcaster here, they are hiring some students for that role.

I got up and adjusted my uniform to get ready to go out, but I was distracted by the table with the typewriter on it. Who can be a rich man sitting here to have such a beautiful typewriter? I approached it and examined it. It was beautiful, so I think it's expensive to have one of them. I can't ask my family for these things especially because it's expensive and they also don't support what I want to do in life because they want me to be a doctor, which is kind of understandable but I want to try and experiment while I'm still on college.

I lost my mind on the typewriter when I heard a sound outside the classroom, is anyone coming into this room? I panicked, I didn't know what to do, but because I had a lot of self-confidence I blocked the door to block whoever is trying to enter. They try to open the door, but I don't bother to open the door. "Open this door, now" I was suddenly highly strung by the voice, is this a teacher? I will be at the Guidance Counselor on my first day.

I slowly let go of the doorknob causing the door to suddenly open, the next thing I felt was my body on the cold floor and my uniform being wet. I opened my eyes when I saw a hand indicating to help my body stand up from the floor, I took it because I was no longer comfortable facing the man who just pushed the door and I was even surprised when this man handed me a handkerchief, I smiled but suddenly I realized that he was the reason why I'm lying wet and on the floor!

"Why did you push the door ?! You see what you did, I got wet," I scolded him while wiping the wet on my uniform. "Why are you blocking the door then?" he answered back, wow he's the one who has an urge to get angry huh? I was startled when he suddenly grabbed me by my forearm and dragged me out of the room. I was just surprised that we were in the basketball gym area, the one where the varsity players change after the game. He ushered me into a cubicle and handed me a uniform.

I was surprised that he had a women's uniform, but I didn't complain anymore because I didn't want to talk to him anymore because I might get even more annoyed. I just hurried to get dressed because I might be late for my first class, even if I was wearing it wrong, I just wore it to get out of this crisis. I came out of the cubicle and saw him looking at me. "not bad, that's my sister's uniform," I smiled at him and thanked him. I'm about to head out when he touched my shoulder to pull me close to his face, we just met each other but he's now getting comfortable touching me.

I was about to complain when he suddenly stared at me. I also stared at him because I feel like he's underestimating me, I'm competitive whatever it takes. He might hear my heart beating so hard because he's too close to me. I almost lost inside his galaxy eyes when he suddenly coughed, I shook my head and looked at him annoyed. "What else do you need?" I asked, grinning so he won't notice the smile on my lips. "I'll ask for your consent" I looked back at him. "Is it okay if I'll fix your necktie?" he smiled pointing at my knotted necktie.

"S-sure," I couldn't correct my words properly since I was so nervous, the closeness of his face to mine is just unbearable. I just noticed now how handsome he is up close. He is taller than me, so I can guess that he is 5'10, his big brown eyes and his lips are very attractive. Then my eyes wandered into his hand holding my necktie. It was big and the other fingers were a bit wounded. I also noticed his ID hanging in his uniform, so your name is 'Dylan Jeon'. "There, it's done" I turned my eyes back to his face, he's proud of the way he was able to tie my necktie. "Thank you, I'll never forget this," I smiled before I left the gymnasium.

-

Dear Dylan,

Who does believe in love at first sight? I didn't believe in love before but since I saw you in that classroom and when you helped me, I suddenly believe in things like love. I hope this isn't our last meeting because I still want to know a lot about you, I hope you remember me next time!

Love, Karina