Happily Ever After

"Yes! Got you now, you bastard!" Li Cheng celebrates as he gathers all the evidence which could prove his innocence.

        I have the name of the person helping him from inside the  office and the bank accounts they have used. These can not be tied back  to me, so this is it. This should do...this will help me get my life back  on track.  

        Gao, I got you now! This time you will be put away for good. This is my payback, you asshole.  

Li Cheng puts all the evidence together and mails it over to Xing  Si for him to review. Then heads over to the kitchen to finish  preparing his special dinner for Mu Ren.

"Now, THIS is called pasta!" Li Cheng exclaims gleefully.

        I'm sure, TengTeng would love this. But where is he, it's so late already. I haven't heard from him since morning. I miss him.  

Li Cheng smiles, thinking about the previous night and the  disastrous pasta that Mu Ren cooked for him. He quickly texts him a  picture of the food.

"Come home soon, I miss you."

        I made him worry a lot lately, he will be glad when he sees  all the evidence I collected. And then I don't have to be anxious about  Gao all the time. He will not be able to hurt TengTeng ever.  

Li Cheng checks his phone to see that he hasn't received a reply, either from Xing Si or Mu Ren.

What are these two doing? Why aren't they replying?

He calls Mu Ren and gets his voice mail. So he calls Xing Si next.

"Hello. Xing Si, did you see my email yet?" he asks.

"Li Cheng..." Xing Si hesitates to answer.

"Did I catch you at a wrong time? What's wrong? Are you busy?"

"Li Cheng, I...we..."

"We? Is Mu Ren with you? He hasn't been answering my calls. What are you guys doing?"

"I just saw your email. I think you have him now. But...Mu Ren.." Li Cheng can hear the urgency and anxiety in Xing Si's voice.

"What? What's wrong with TengTeng?" he barks into the phone.

....

"Xing Si, where is Mu Ren? Tell me right now!" he growls again.

****

"Are you sure, you want to do this? Can you do this?" Xing Si asks Mu Ren one last time before handing him the medicine bottle.

Mu Ren is anxious and visibly shaking, sitting at the end of the bar, waiting for their prey.

"I...I have to...I can. I just need a small drink to calm my nerves." Mu Ren says as he gulps his vodka in one shot.

"We can find another way or find someone else to do this." Xing Si tries to convince him again.

"There's no other way. He will only let his guard down around me. I'm the only one who can do this.

"Fine. I will be right here all the time, if you need me." Xing Si assures him.

"How did you get this medicine though?" Mu Ren asks.

"My brother had to pull some strings. You just have to mix this in his drink. He will get high and drowsy in 10 minutes tops."

"Ok."

"What is the plan after he's high?"

"Then...I just entice him until he starts talking."