chapter 1.

Walking up to the microphone was Celia De'Baudelaire; district 10' s personal escort, with a happy smile on her face. Her blonde hair was tied up in a huge messy bun and her outfit was on a Darko shade od red with tentacles wrapped around her arms and legs. Her make-up consisted of matching red eye shadow with some gold painted all the way down to her cheeckbones, her lips were painted shimmery gold.

Looking at the screen behind her. It projected the same boring video from the year before and the year before that and.... Fields od grain were showen with children running around with smiles plastered on their faces. it then cuts to a destroyed building with a women covered in ash standing on front od the ruins. The camera pans put to show her beautiful brown skin which is caked with grey ash and blood.

It the shows the same grainy clips of life after the rebellion with president Snow narrating the video, discussing the reason as to why we have the Hunger Games and continue to do so.

"Absolutely amazing! Well isn't that just amazing folks?!"- Celia says but no body reacts.

"Talk about a thought crowd... Well! Welcome! Welcome! Welcome to the 66th annual Hunger Games! Now as we always do, ladies first!" Celia said, her voice as happy as ever.

Walking up to a large glass od bowl, she reached inside and pulled a single paper from the large pile that was inside. Staring at the paper greedily, I bit my lip trying bit to show any emotion as Celia cleared her throat.

"Let us see... Oh, Kyra Grey!" She said, making multiple eyes dart to me.

THANK YOU FOR READING FIRST CHAPTER OF MY BOOK. I HOPE YOU LIKE IT SO FAR. THIS CHAPTER ISN'T LONG BUT OTHERS WILL BE!!! I HOPE YOU GUYS ARE ALL SAFE AND HEALTHY.
MAKE SURE YOU VOTE!