~Chapter 26~

Cover on the side made by @VintageFathaMucka and the video is Rose's official memoir.

Sadly, this is the last chapter :(

Nicki's POV

Everything was silent. I couldn't speak, I was paralyzed. "Time of death: 10:47 am." was all I could hear.

A loud crack broke the silence, and my senses immediately heightened. More cracks followed after, and there seemed to be more silence. Suddenly, the entire room grew thick and blood splattered on the small windowed door of Ty's room. The ground shook violently, and everything else seemed to be muted. The door broke down, and a large black wolf charged right at me.

Tyler.

My mouth hung open in disbelief as the golden-eyed wolf attacked the men, and they let me go. I collided onto the wall, my shoulder broke my fall. My dad stood shocked, I couldn't believe it at all.

The guards didn't have time to shift, because before I knew it, they were dead. Ty turned to my father last, taking threatening steps.

"Tyler stop!" I demanded. "this..... This isn't you!" he was going to kill my dad. As much as I wanted him dead too, I couldn't do that to my mom. It would surely kill her.

He turned to me, his gaze lingered on me before turning back to my dad. 'Stop right now!' I growled in my alpha voice. He frowned and turned to me, taking steps towards me instead.

'He's trying to separate us!' Tyler growled. 'I can't be away from you Nicki, I love you too much.' hearing him say that made my heart re-build in a matter of seconds. 'No one can ever keep us apart any longer.' he rubbed my chest with his furry head and nuzzled my neck with his large snout.

'No one will Ty.' I sighed petting his head.

'I wouldn't,'

'You wouldn't what?'' I asked.

'If I could go back in time and stop myself from meeting you if it meant Titus would be alive, I wouldn't. You're the best thing that's happened to me Nicki, and I'm not going to give up on something I tried so hard to fight for.'

He licked away one of my tears, 'You're supposed to fight for the people you love.'

~•••~

I sighed and smoothed out my light blue dress to rid it of the wrinkles. I couldn't believe it was today. I would watch my sister and friend be buried 6 feet deep. I tried to blink away the fresh batch of tears, but it was no use. I, for one didn't want to go back to the Dark Death pack house, or watch my friends' lifeless bodies. It was too painful. I thought that after a month the feelings would be gone, but it wasn't.

All I could think about was them. The people I lost. "Nicki," I was enveloped by Ty's scent. "You know you don't have to go, we can just stay here." he told me.

"I have too, Ty. This is my best friend we're talking about." I whispered. He exhaled sharply and kissed my neck. I didn't know how he was still holding up, because the pack members had also planned Titus' funeral not much longer after Rose's.

"I...." I shook my head and lessened myself from him.

"It's okay Ty, we should get going." I forced a smile and took his hand in mine.

~•••~

"I'm so sorry for your loss." everyone would murmur to me sadly. It wasn't just my loss, Mr and Mrs. Everette had lost their only child. I couldn't imagine the grief they felt. Losing Rose was like losing my sister, she was my family.