~Chapter 21~

Nicki's POV

I opened my eyes and sat up in the hospital bed. More specifically, a pack hospital bed. I looked around the room, noticing me being alone. My parent's scents were the only ones that filled the room, but they weren't fresh. I pulled the IV out of my wrist and got out of the bed, reminiscing what happened at the game.

I ran out of the room and followed Ty's scent, afraid of what I would find. He was okay, wasn't he? He had to be okay. I opened the door to one of the rooms, seeing Ty sitting in the chair. Titus was on the hospital bed himself, pale skin and purple lips. My heart dropped, and tears begged to fall out. "He's been beside Titus ever since." a voice informed from behind me. I jumped and turned around, silently closing the door and hugging Rose. "It hurts Nicki, and I don't know why." she whispered crying. It was the first time I had seen Rose so upset. She had dark bags under her eyes and her skin wasn't as lively. She blinked and wiped away the tears.

"You passed out and I.. We thought you were gone too." she frowned. "Ty, he... He carried you here. He said he didn't know how. He wasn't in control." she whispered. "his wolf was, and he was protective over his mate."

I felt my skin become even more cold, "You know he's my..."

"Yes Nicki, I'm not stupid. I've known you since you couldn't talk and you think I wouldn't notice you having to leave and have reasons to be around Tyler." she sighed. "and no, I'm not mad. I planned on not telling you about Aaron too." she shrugged as if it were nothing. The guilt ate at me full force, reminding me that I kept a secret so big from my best friend. "Aaron did this Nicki. He... He did this to Titus and Jacqueline helped him." she whispered, bringing me into reality. "but I still love him."

~•••~

I slowly opened the door to Titus' hospital room. I needed to help Tyler out of his shocked state. He would just sit in the hospital room, sometimes drawing furiously. "Tyler." I whispered closing the door behind me.

He clenched his jaw, not looking my way. My feet padded against the floor as I made my way to the seat. I sat down beside him and stared at Titus without emotion. "I-It's my fault." Ty whispered. He placed his head onto my lap, his crystal like blue eyes gazing into my own brown eyes.

I ran my fingers through his silky hair distractedly, "No it isn't. Titus is strong and he'll pull through." I whispered.

"What if he doesn't?"

"Don't say that Ty." I felt tears in my own eyes. No matter how much of a dick and obsessed ass he was with me, I still loved Titus as my friend. We knew eachother since we were kids, and no matter what, we were always best friends, nearly family. Sometimes I just had to look past his little crush on me. "he's going to make it." I said just to assure myself.

"You don't know that." he stared into my eyes intensely. A traitorous tear slipped out of my eye and rolled down my cheek. Ty was quick to wipe it away with the pad of his thumb and I continued to stare at Titus' unmoving figure, unconsciously brushing Ty's hair still. It was silent, I didn't know what to say.

~•••~

I hugged Nick and Cole, crying onto them. "You guys scared me back there." I grumbled. "Don't ever do that again!" I hissed.

"We're okay, it was just a little wolfsbane Nicki." Nick and Cole sighed. "Is Titus okay?"

"I don't know. He's... He's unresponsive. Coma." I forced out.

Their faces fell, both of them switching expressions. "He's in a coma?" Nick whispered.

I slowly nodded and watched Cole storm out of the room. Nick ran a frustrated hand through his hair and dropped on the couch. "Do they know when he's going to wake up?" I shook my head again, and he closed his eyes. "Just.... Give me a minute." it was the first time I had seen both Nick and Cole so upset. Even I was surprised at myself.