A stranger's Touch...

"Good morning Mizaka " sorry but I'm in a bit of a rush do you think you can run an errand for me really quick?

 "Oh" of course Lady Chiyo what is it?

  I need you to run down to the temple and give this to a man named Rengoku Kyojuro.

 He's the son of our lord Shinjuro,

 Its very important you keep this safe and be careful with it, he knows you're on your way so please hurry he needs it for his training. Now go along child I will need you when you get back. She hand's over a long package wrapped very intricately with twine and thick cloth linen. must be something important I guess. 

on my way to the temple I happened to see Toji run past me I don't think he noticed me, he looked like he was in a hurry to get somewhere I waved but of course he didn't see me. well here I am I think... this place .... It's "beautiful". mesmerized at the beauty before me...

Coming into the temples corridor I see in the middle a huge fountain beautifully decorated I could see the carefully carved carnation's into the fountain so life like you'd think they're almost real. I walked over to the mesmerizing work of art to see koi fish all swimming along living their lives in the huge fountain they looked content, just as I was about to dip my fingers into the water I was suddenly splashed with water 

"Hahaha"! I got you Mizaka "

Realizing the tiny voice that just spoke I knew it was Toji. 

" Yeah you did all right...!

He looked over to what I was carrying and somehow he already knew what it was, 

"Oh you're here for my brother!" 

That's his Nichirin sword " 

Sword?...

So that's what this thing is...

 "Mizaka wait here I'll go get oniichan" 

I looked at him and just smiled and replied, "Okay Toji".

Toji must have taken a while because I started to doze off, the summer's sweet wind gently touched my face and without realizing was putting me to sleep. 

"Hello"?... I opened my eyes to the sight of his face so close to mine he was literally inches away from mine so close I could feel the warmth of his breath softly touch my skin. 

"I'm so sorry" I didn't mean to fall asleep I must have dozed off please forgive me! 

The man looked at me confused and in awe he had never met me before so I could see why he must have been confused why someone like me and not Lady Chiyo was bringing him his sword, and falling asleep in his corridor.

I bowed before him asking for forgiveness. "IM SO SORRY!"...

 "Did I really just fall asleep"?... I really must be tired then to just doze off like that... the embarrassment was unreal.

"You must be Mizaka" he soflty spoke...

I looked up at him, he was different looking...As I studied him I saw that he wasn't just an ordinary being, he was tall his hair gold like the sun's aurora, hair tip's red as flame's fire, his eye's mesmerizing, they looked like the sun was setting in them and you just got caught in it's captivating gaze. He reached towards my face and gently grazed a strand of hair that was in my face. 

"Sorry it was bothering me my apologies". 

 I realized I had just wandered off over this mans appearance without noticing... 

"I'm sorry" I'm looking for Rengoku is he around?

lady chiyo sent me to deliver this, I extend out my arm to unravel the long artifact I have yet to see. The man reaches out towards me and gently grabs the artifact, his hands were rough with cuts, and bruise's I almost felt sympathy for what this stranger might be enduring. 

"Mizaka" my names Rengoku Kyojuro!

 I'm the first born to the kyojuro clan. My father Senjuro is the flame pillar before me, I am the next hashira and next in line for the throne.
he layed a lot on me in that moment, but there was something about him that was drawing me to him.... I quickly shook the thought from my head. 

"Okay" then I shall be going... I presume that thats all you needed from me so ill be going now.  As I turned to be on my I felt a thud against the side of my body. 

Toji quickly grabs hold of my hand "Wait"! Mizaka you can't leave yet. "Oh yeah your right toji"! I have something for you.He paused and stared at me with his big eye's he looked like the child version of Rengoku, so cute and small I just wanted to embrace him and not let a single hair on his head ever be touched he was so precious. 

I pulled out a small plum blossom and gave it to him.

 "Oniichan, look!" 

 kyojuro who's gaze was fixated on his little brother looked up at me 

"Thank you Mizaka." 

My face must have dropped five shades of red, no problem kyo. 

He gasped... 

"Did you just call me kyo"?

 not realizing it I had actually indeed called him that, the embarrassment that was weighing on me was enough to bury me where I stood.

"I am so sorry Rengoku, that just came out and...

 "Stop apologizing"... 

He said... I looked at him and he couldn't hold it anymore he was laughing so hard I thought he was going to pass out his face matched his red hair at one point. "it's okay Mizaka" I do not mind if "you" call me Kyo, I'm sure I'll be seeing you around often.

 "His smile was breathtaking"... his lips were a soft pink and looked like they had never been kissed before, I wonder if he has a girlfriend? 

"What the hell"!

"Why do I care for that" I just got dumped and I'm not looking for a boyfriend or any kind of relationship.

 Dropping the idea from my mind I said goodbye and went along my way. As I'm walking I could feel someone was watching me I looked back to notice Kyo was still standing in the corridor he noticed me looking back and smiled and waved at me...

"Thank you Mizaka"!

He yelled from where he stood I gave him a small smile and waved back I knew he wouldn't hear me so I didn't bother blurting anything back out to him. The doors to the temple quickly closed and they were gone.