𝚆𝚊𝚒𝚝 𝙵𝚘𝚛 𝚈𝚘𝚞

you sat in a chair next to him and laid your head on the hospital bed. when you guys took naps or had sleepovers, you would fall asleep to the sound of his heartbeat. you gently wrapped your hand around his wrist and this time, fell asleep to his pulse.

you woke up to a nurse gently shaking you awake informing you visiting hours were over. before you left his side, you rubbed circles into his hand "I'll wait for you Toru.." and with that, you left. even though it hurt, everyone knew you and Toru Oikawa were in love. he's not with you right now, but you're always with him.

explaining why Oikawa was in the hospital seemed overwhelming. you decided to inform a select few and ignore everyone else. 

"what do you mean Oikawa is in a coma? what happened??" Iwa asked. Iwa and Oikawa have been best friends for the longest time so you expected this reaction from him. explaining what happened was the hardest part. what were you supposed to say? you didn't just want to tell him that Oikawa got hit by a car. after you told him what happened in detail, he gave you a big hug. 

you were also worried about Hanamaki's and Matsukawa's reactions. thankfully they both were also more calm than you expected. Makki was your best friend so he was bound to be understanding regardless. Makki was actually the reason you and Oikawa met in the first place, he invited you to practices fairly often.

"Oikawa, this is my best friend L/N, L/N this is the volleyball captain Oikawa.. please don't flirt with him" you shook your head at him. your eyes met with a hand reaching out to you. you shook his hand respectfully and gave him a small smile. you returned to Makki and conversed with him until it was time for practice to start. every now and then, you would feel a pair of eyes on you. you started feeling those eyes every practice you attended.

walking home from school was unfortunate, but the rain that you got occasionally was unlucky. except for one particular rainy day, that made every rainy day after that slightly more enjoyable. 

as you stepped out from underneath the roof of the school that was shielding you, you were surprised you didn't get wet at all despite how it was pouring. it didn't take you long to notice the white umbrella being held over you.

"L/N did you not bring an umbrella?" the setter asked. "I actually didn't look at the forecast this morning.." you replied. "don't you have practice Oikawa?" you asked. "it actually got cancelled due to the weather... you weren't coming today?" you shook your head "I have a lot of homework due tomorrow."

small talk got smaller and smaller. "I should head home before the rain gets worse.. I'll see you tomorrow Oikawa." you gave him a small smile and turned on your heel to leave in the direction of your home. "wait! L/N, I go that way anyways I'll walk you home so you don't have to walk in the rain."

arriving at your home, you thanked Oikawa for walking you home and headed to the door. once you unlocked the door, you waved to him and waited for a wave back until you closed the door. you ran up to your bedroom and looked out the window. Oikawa was walking back in the direction towards the school.

hi babes, stay hydrated :) <3