𝚆𝚑𝚘 𝙰𝚛𝚎 𝚈𝚘𝚞?

days turned into weeks, weeks turned into months. you had Iwazumi, Matsukawa, and Hanamaki. but they aren't Toru. you were lonely. your parents noticed, your friends, your teachers, and your peers. you didn't realize it until recently, but emotionally, you relied on Toru for a lot. he was your drug, and you are going through withdrawal.

you were currently with Iwa, Makki, and Mattsun. you guys were visiting Oikawa in the hospital together today. you all have visited plenty of times. but this was your first time visiting him as a group.

the room was quiet as usual, besides the footsteps leading towards the chairs that surrounded the hospital bed. you and Makki sat on one side of the bed, with Iwa and Mattsun sitting on the other.

you held Oikawa's hand tightly. there was no disturbance in the room. the room had the same noises, atmosphere, machine as always. but for some reason, today felt different.

"when do you think he'll wake up?" Makki asked. "it's been months.." you replied to him. you looked up and locked eyes with Iwa. he gave you an empathetic look. they are best friends after all. Iwa was always patient and gentle with you.

since Oikawa was asleep, you've gotten closer with the other two of "the seijoh four" not including Makki and Toru. Iwa has been oddly careful with you. Makki always walked you to class, but Iwa started walking you home and to school, he sent you random texts asking how you were feeling. It was as if you were glass, he treated you so delicately as if you were easy to break.

you were happy it was Friday. meaning you would have more time to spend at the hospital tomorrow and Sunday. visiting hours were over at 8 PM so you only had a couple hours to spend on weekdays.

you were deep in thought, drowning out the voices around you when you felt something twitch. you looked at your hand, it was Oikawa. he's still asleep but his hand twitched just now. you wondered if he was about to wake up. you knew comas cause people to be completely unresponsive so you took it as a sign.

"um guys.." you started. they all looked at you meaning you have their attention. "his hand... it twitched just now.." they all looked at him. "Oikawa.?" Iwa called, but there was no response. "I swear I felt his hand twitch guys-"

the door slid open. "visiting hours are over please say your goodbyes and exit the building" the nurse said politely. you all stood up and grabbed your sweaters and belongings. as the four of you were leaving the building, there was a noise from behind you, in the bed. it sounded like sheets moving. you turned your head and your eyes met with glowy brown ones. tired eyes, as if they had just woken up. he ruffled his silky soft hair as he analyzed his surroundings.

the four of you walked back over to the boy. everyone was smiling. Iwa hugged him tightly and as soon as Oikawa was free he turned his head to you. he looked you up and down and locked eyes. his first words after waking up were three simple ones. three simple words that changed your life.

"who are you?"

😟
I'm so excited to introduce my OC very soon :)