Chp.6

Silence filled the room as everyone turned their gazes at Atticus, the protagonist of the party. Atticus still had the look of shock on his face as he stared at the two boys. "I-i have done no such thing. Although you two are extremely annoying, I wouldn't try to kill you." Atticus spoke with shock and disbelief in his voice. His thoughts running at hundred miles per hour. How could he get out of this situation? There was too little information to off on. Atticus could only deny it like his life depended on it. 

"Boys, this is very serious. Tell us what happened and how Atticus tried to kill you." The Duke spoke calmly. The boys looked at each other before nodding. "That butler was sent after us by Atticus!" Doji spoke as Saji nodded. "Think about it, how could a loyal butler like Jonathan suddenly want to kill us!" Saji spoke backing up Doji. The King looked back at Atticus. "Atticus, is this true?" The King spoke as everyone's gaze landed back onto Atticus.

It was at this moment Atticus knew he had to bite the bullet. "Impossible! For one thing, I'm a legendary genius! Would I use such an obvious way to kill them! Secondly, do I even need to fight with them for the throne. They're so stupid it was obvious that I would get the throne!" Atticus spoke with fury and arrogance in his tone. He really didn't want to go this route but he had no better plan in his mind right now.

He was backed up in a corner and could only bite people like a rabid dog. "Plus, my grandfather is the Duke with hundreds of soldiers under him and the king favors me. I'm a hundred percent sure to get the throne. There is no reason for me to kill them. Although I did complain to Jonathan, I would never instruct him to kill those two." Atticus spoke as a lot of gazes looking at him turned strange. "You do have a point, Atticus. So, what about you two? Got anything to say to that?" The King spoke glaring at his two eldest sons with a gaze of hating iron for not being steel.

The two boys could only gasp as they looked at each other. "B-but Marquis Moore said that we could easily frame Atti? So, Atti could play with us more often!" Doji spoke dumbly as Saji looked at an old man with dark grey hair in disbelief. Atticus could only sigh in relief as he realized that nobody knew anything. These two were truly stupid. How did they keep their position in the story? Oh wait, they didn't. "So, Marquis Moore instructed the two of you. That makes sense. Marquis Moore, I want an explanation. The two of you, go back to your palaces and stay there until further notice. In fact the party is over! Everyone but Marquis Moore and The Duke, get out!" The King screamed in fury as the party ended. 

Although it didn't go as Atticus planned. There would be more opportunities. Atticus decided to act. So, he stomped his feet in fury. "You two stupid donkeys ruined my Birthday!  I-i-i'll remember this!" Atticus screamed in anger and stomped away back to his room with his maid following him. "Ah! Wait! Atti!" Saji and Doji screamed as they looked at Atticus who was leaving in anger.

The two were caught by knights and were soon escorted back to their respectable palaces. All the unimportant Nobles left soon after. Only Marquis Moore, Duke Xion, The King, and the Concubine were left in the room. "Moore. Explain." The King seethed in anger. This arrogant noble messed up his favorite son's birthday and tried to cause a battle between the princes. He should definitely get publicly executed in The Pit. 

Marquis Moore kneeled down with his head touching the ground. "This Lord is wrong but he has a reason to do so." Marquis Moore spoke in a loyal tone. "Oh. I don't want to hear it. Knights! Take him to The Pit!" The King bellowed. The Duke intervened and calmed the king down. "Please explain your reasoning?" The Duke asked calmly. The Duke has been the only one calm during this whole situation. The concubine being the useless bitch she was, was just sobbing. 

"It was a test to see if the princes could work things out and if they were smart. It seems that Saji and Doji are quite stupid. Atticus is quite arrogant and proud. It was merely a test. Atticus Reputation would be damaged slightly if everything went into my plan." The Marquis spoke. "Oh? What if it didn't? What if everything went the worst way possible. Then what? I'm waiting, Moore?!" The King spoke as the useless Concubine cried harder. 

"I don't know… This lowly Lord deserves punishment." Marquis Moore spoke sincerely. "Go die in The Pit!" The King shouted again but The Duke didn't try to stop it. No one seemed to notice the slight smile on the Duke's face as if he expected it. Weirdly enough, no one also noticed the strange shadow in the window. Even weirder no one noticed the shining light in the other window. Just what is happening today?

Note: Sorry.