Chp.2

Before Atticus's plan was in full motion an uncounted variable showed its ugly head. The Duke of Rerus came to visit the King and the Second Concubine, Elizabeth. So, His plan would have to be rescheduled until tomorrow at least. Why was the Duke of Rerus here that he didn't know but what he did know was that the Duke of Rerus had a lot of resources. Atticus thought for a moment. He would already have more resources than the other kids because he's the King's favorite and he was a "genius". But if he could get the Duke of Rerus on his side than that would mean even more resources for the future.

It's been about an hour now and Atticus had convinced the King to at least hold him. Of course he didn't show that he knew how to talk or walk. Luckily the King knew what he wanted anyways. Anyway, The Duke of Rerus was now here and is currently making his way to the throne room.

Did Atticus say throne room. More like his future throne room. No? Okay...

Back to the story, The Duke actually looked related to the Second Concubine although barely. He had black hair and tanish skin but he had deep blue eyes. The Second Concubine also had his nose and eyebrows.

He brought paperwork that the king needed to look at and was also at the same time catching up on his daughter's life. While, Atticus was secretly listening to the political talks. After a while Atticus learned what the political problem that The Duke came for. Apparently, our neighboring kingdom, Duchess just gave birth to a Ger.

Atticus was extremely confused. He didn't understand. What was a Ger and why is it such a big deal to give birth to one?

"Ger?" Atticus accidentally said out loud. The room went quiet and everyone including the servants was looking at him. "What did you say Atticus?" The King asked softly. Ah fuck it. "King? Ger?" Atticus said while trying to look cute. Which he believed was working because he was a smart, handsome, brilliant, bright, and did he say amazingly cute baby.

"He's a genius!" The Second Concubine spoke with pride and joy. Does anyone wonder what she would think when her son calls her Second Concubine? That's a question for another time.

After everyone had calmed down, Atticus was put to bed by the king himself. When Atticus woke up in the middle night and heard maids talking about how almost everyone knew that the Third Prince was a genius. It was at that moment that the first steps of his plan of becoming a "genius" were working. Although it didn't really start the way he wanted but still it's progress! Everyone likes progress. So, that night Atticus didn't have a problem and slept blissfully.

Once Atticus woke up, he realized that he was currently being held by a butler and from the route the butler was talking he could only guess that he was going to the throne room. Which also confused him, why take him to the throne room?

Atticus's guess was completely wrong. He was taken to a side room in one of the many hallways in the main palace. In the side room was the King and the Third Concubine with an older man. This old man was incredibly weird looking. He had the normal grey hair anyone has but his eyes were a white color while he, himself was dark skinned. He wore a dark blue and golden robe with these weird letters on it. Well, what Atticus believes were letters.

Now that he thinks about it there was nothing that mention anything about a dark skinned person until close to the end of the novel. Could this be the old man that gave the Eyes of Drae to the heroine. If he is then there will be a huge gain from this little visit. Atticus smiled evilly, well as evilly a baby could. Which made people think that he was happy to see his parents. The smile also looked amazingly adorable with Atticus's glowing red eyes that were shaped as crescents.