05.

Noah works in the kitchen accompanied by the sound of a television in the living room. He was thinking of buying an extra television to put in the kitchen. The kitchen is close to the garden, so it can be a place to relax while typing.

This afternoon he made spaghetti and meatballs for his lunch. He looked at the wall clock and wondered what time Ruby would come. Noah hopes Ruby's parents don't forbid her daughter to be friends with him. Seeing the reaction of the residents towards him , Noah felt pessimistic that he would get many friends here.

Ting tong

Noah turned off the stove and hurried out of the kitchen. Definitely Ruby coming, Noah was sure in his heart. Noah couldn't help but smile as his hand touched the door handle. Because a few seconds later, he was staring at Ruby.

"Hi, Noah."

"Hi, Rubyy. You're finally here."

"Are you waiting for me?"

"Hahaha, of course. I'm waiting for you."

Ruby smiled shyly. Noah just realized that Ruby was carrying something else in her hand. A basket of fresh yellow oranges.

"Oh no, you can't bring anything else for me," Noah whine.

"I see you like oranges, so I brought them from my garden. Take them, to make your favorite pickles," Ruby said as she handed the basket of oranges to Noah.

"Drinking orange juice doesn't mean I like oranges, Sweet Lady. Come on, come in."

Noah brought a basket of oranges and closed the door of his house. Ruby walked slowly and looked around the living room. She seemed to admire Noah's new home, visible from her glassy gaze.

"It's been a long time since you've been in this house?" Noah asked.

Ruby nodded.
"Since five years ago, when the homeowner sold this house."

"Yes. That's because I'm the first buyer since the owner sold this house. Juliani who sold it to me said I was lucky to have it. She got this house from her Uncle but he couldn't live in it, so she sold it to me."

Ruby looked at Noah sadly. Then she muttered softly, "Oh, that's right."

Noah rubbed Ruby's arm. "Then don't be sad. Didn't I tell you you're free to come anytime. I'm really looking forward to it."

"Thank you, Noah. I don't have any friends either. So I'm happy to visit your house every day."

Noah really wants to hug her. He could feel Ruby's kindness and sincerity. But he resisted the urge and invited Ruby into the kitchen.

"Talk about friends, who was your friend who lived in this house before?"

Noah placed a basket of oranges on the kitchen table and returned to the food he had been cooking on the stove. Luckily he made a lot of servings. Ruby will definitely love his homemade spaghetti.

"Oh, a girl my age. She is the youngest child of this homeowner's family."

"So the owner of this house has a girl your age? Is it polite if I ask how old you are?"

Noah took an empty glass and a bottle of coke and placed them on the table. He pulled up a chair and sat across from Ruby.

"I'm twenty -five this month."

Noah raised his eyebrows. "Your birthday this month? But today is still the third."

"It's my twentieth birthday, Noah."

"Wow, you look younger than your age then," Noah commented, developing a smile. "I'm still twenty -two years old. Should I call you Sister?"

"Ah, noo. Just call me Ruby. I don't want to sound old."