10.

"Honey, why did you say that to Noah?"

Violet diverted her attention from the street to her lover. "Say what, darling?"

"About the case your senior is handling."

Violet exhaled.

"Honestly, I know the village because my senior used to handle the murder case that took place there. I don't remember where exactly. But in the photos of the case I saw a house very similar to Noah's house. I don't know, I'll find out for sure tomorrow. "

Alex was stunned.

"Y-You're not kidding, are you?"

"I'm not kidding. But as far as I know, the murderer committed suicide in his cell, a week after he got the court decision."

Alex winced in fear.

"I'll let you know tomorrow. The first thing I did when I entered my room was to check the file again."

**

Noah came out of the bathroom with a very fresh body. His stomach was hungry again even though it was still 7 pm. He put on his pajamas and went down to the kitchen. Meanwhile, he turned on the television and chose a live broadcast of the Korean idol's music stage. Noah stepped into the kitchen and prepared dinner for himself.

Being too lazy, Noah finally just brewed ramen and took it to the living room. He straightened his legs on the table and started enjoying his instant food while watching the appearance of the South Korean girlgroup.

Seeing the girls singing and squirming on television, Noah remembered Ruby again. Where is Ruby today? Noah had never seen Ruby use a cell phone so he didn't know what to do. If visiting her house, Noah hesitates. He's afraid Ruby's parents don't like him.

Tired of what he saw, Noah changed the channel. He dialed a number at random and complained as the television broadcast the news. The weather tonight is likely to be windy, or a corruptor managed to escape abroad, or the price of the dollar soaring this month. That's how the news he caught from the broadcast.

Until finally Noah stopped pressing the button on his remote.

His eyes were glued to the television screen that re -broadcast the strange video of the day.

That man again. This time Noah could clearly see the man's clothes and what he was carrying. The surrounding dark room has only one orange glowing light. Exactly as Noah had seen before.

Noah put his ramen on the table and walked over to the television. He watched intently. He didn’t know what the broadcast was, but it felt like the room was very familiar.

Then the man in the video swings the large hammer he holds with both hands, right hitting the wall in front of him. If before Noah saw the man only looking at the wall, now he sees the man hitting the wall so aggressively.

And that made his heart almost stop beating, he could feel the vibration of the blow. Noah looked around in panic. Each time the man's blow hit the wall, Noah felt the living room floor vibrate. Noah was stunned.

His eyes returned to the video, staring at each blow of the man. Vibration after vibration was felt by Noah at his feet. His heart started beating fast. He had never been this scared in his whole life. But if he remembers correctly, the room in the video is exactly the same as the basement of this house.

Dum ... Dum ... Dum ...

Is this video a live broadcast of what happened underground? If that's true, does that mean he's not alone at home? But who is that man? The body of the uncle of the housekeeper that he had met was not as big as the body of the man in the video. Then what's going on?

Dum ... Dum ...

Noah looked at the television and felt a vibration on his living room floor at the same time. Yes, it is not wrong anymore. The room in the video is a basement and the man is right there! Maybe this house has CCTV without his knowledge.

Noah picked up a flashlight and walked into the kitchen. He would go to the basement and catch the man. What's on his mind, infiltrating and destroying other people's homes at will ?!

As a precaution, Noah brought a meat knife. He was scared, of course. Because he is alone in this house surrounded by neighbors who do not care.

He opened the door to the basement slowly. Even though he no longer heard the thud, he would still peek down.

Noah turned on the light near the door and instantly the stairs to the basement were clearly visible. Noah stepped on three steps so he could peek down and circulate the flashlight.

But what he saw was shocking.

There is no light down there. There was no sound of banging or broken walls. But Noah could see the same side of the wall as in the video.

Suddenly his body shivered. What is an old video? Then why does it play automatically on the television? Noah doesn't understand. What's more, he could hear and feel a loud bang coming from this basement.

Noah was still glued to the stairs when he felt a touch on his shoulder. His body soared and he almost fell down if not held. Noah turned his body quickly and glared at the figure that suddenly appeared behind him.

"N-Noah? What are you doing here? Didn't you hear my voice?"

Noah didn't answer. His body felt like it was drenched in ice water as he pulled Ruby into his arms. He hugged Ruby tightly, hoping his consciousness would return quickly. Ruby returned the hug.

Noah buried his face in Ruby's neck, kissing the girl's shoulder shamelessly. Noah's kiss ran to the girl's neck and jaw. Somehow his longing was so heavy, pushing him to pour out all his love. In a short time, he had fallen in love with Ruby. And tonight his longing didn't help him at all to hold back.

"Where are you today? I'm waiting for you."

Ruby smiled. "I'm sorry. Today there is a need to get out of the village. So I went with my dad and mum."

Noah smiled back and kissed Ruby's cheeks before hugging her back.

"Sleep with me tonight, huh? I really miss you, Ruby."

Noah was shocked Ruby immediately nodded her head. He hugged Ruby tighter. His fear a few minutes ago suddenly disappeared. If he was next to Ruby, it didn't seem like he would feel any fear.