Chapter 2

~Bella's POV~

   I was walking deep through the woods when a wolf howled. I froze where I was trying to sense where they were stalking at. Closing my eyes I let my senses extend out and I was surrounded by 6 wolves. I held up my hands towards the alpha of the pack and let him sniff me.
"I'm just passing through, here." I was careful to move slow and pull out a vial that will help me talk with them. I downed it and let the effects take over as howls turned into words.
"We need food. Let's just kill her!" The beta snarled out.
"I can help you find food. I know people that can help." I said towards the wolf.
"You can understand us?" The alpha asked curiously.
"I'm a witch. There isn't anything that I can't do." The wolves all grumbled but let their alpha take charge.
"I will escort you personally. My pack will take your directions to your friends." I agreed and told the pack where to go. They howled and took off towards the cabin. I sent a mental message to the coven to warn them. I opened my eyes and the alpha was kneeling down so that I could climb onto his back. His fur was a soft black and it provided warmth as I leaned down against him, bracing myself from the cold.
   A wet nose nudged my hand and I fluttered open my eyes. It was now daylight and it was a little warmer. I patted his cheek and smiled at him, thanking him for the ride.
"There is a cabin high in the mountains where three other witches live. They should be able to get you food." He nudged my hand and ran back the way we came. I saw a bunch of buildings with red roofs and clay walls. I was indeed in Italy so I put my hood up and walked towards the clock tower in the middle of town. I gulped down my nerves and pushed the doors open to a nicely decorated hallway. There was a receptionist at the end of the hall that perked up hearing the door.
"Bonjour!"(Hello!) The receptionist was human?
"Je suis ici pour affaires avec Maitre Aro."(I'm here on business with Master Aro.) I informed her and she had me wait while she informed him. French was always a beautiful language to me. She returned with a young girl that had almost platinum blonde hair and red eyes.
"Jane. A pleasure to see you again." She gave a slight smirk and motioned for me to follow. I kinda liked Jane given she could kill me in an instant.
"How are the other three?" She asked in the elevator.
"Same as they've always been." She nodded and we got out of the elevator onto the correct floor. She led me through more hallways until she knocked on an ornately decorated door.
"Come in." I heard Aro say to us. I bowed to the three masters so did Jane. She left quickly shutting the door behind her.
"Ah, young Bella. How can I be of assistance?" I looked up to meet his eyes, the red shining in the dull light.
"I'm sure that Eleanor had informed you but I am in need of vampire blood." He smiled and got off the chair.
"Yes, she did tell me and I have some ready. She also informed me of a payment of sorts..." I gulped and cursed Eleanor mentally. I offered my wrist to him but he moved me towards the solemn looking leader. I felt sorry for him but he just smiled at me and I returned it. He took my wrist and bit into it causing a pain to start but it went away very soon. My head became dizzy and I felt hands on my shoulders holding me.
"Brother." My wrist was dropped and I felt like jello. I would've fell down if the arms holding me weren't there.
"My apologies." I heard Marcus say before I blacked out from the blood loss.
   I felt soft, silky sheets around me and I moved a little to rub against them. I sighed at the feeling and slowly opened my eyes. The sheets were a blood red with a white undertone and black pillows. I hummed at the scheme and looked around the room to see if I could guess it's owner. There was a fireplace in front of the bed with bookshelves surrounding it, filled and overflowing with knowledge. I noticed the window and went to look out of it, sunset in the distance bathing me in light. The door opened and I saw Aro walk in with Marcus.
"Ah you are awake, I thought I heard footsteps." I smiled at him and Marcus while turning towards them.
"I took a little too much and for that I am sorry." I waved Marcus off while laughing.
"I expected myself to black out so I don't mind." I gave them both a smile and grabbed my cloak from the bed.
"Leaving so soon?" I looked at Aro and nodded.
"I am expected back soon. If you will, I do need that blood." He nodded and handed me a vial that contained a black substance. He also handed me a vial that was clear with a yellow ting to it.
"What's this?" I asked after grabbing it.
"That is blood and venom. She informed me that she needed both." I nodded and put both in my bag carefully.
"Thank you. Perhaps I'll visit when I'm not working." Aro smiled and nodded at the suggestion.
"Perhaps..." Aro showed me out and I thanked him again for his hospitality. I put up my hood and walked back through the crowd forming for the St.Marcus Day festival. I snorted as I remembered why they celebrated this day. If only they knew vampires were living right under their noses. I bumped into someone and quickly apologized but stopped short on it.
"I'm sorry. I wasn't paying attention to where I was going." I was frozen in place as I stared at Carlisle and Esme. I got my bearings together and excused myself. What were they doing here?! Did I even need the blood anymore?