Chapter Four

The roads are really slick. I've never driven on icy roads before, and, now, as the tires on Rosemarie's old blue Beetle slides all over the place, I find myself holding my breath. My heart thumps with a slight turn of the car, and my knuckles become white around the steering wheel.

I force myself to take a deep breath and relax. I reach with one hand, the other still tight on the wheel, and turn the music up loud on a random channel.

Lady Gaga's "Just Dance" blares out of the stereo, and I try to sing along. If I could see more than two feet in front of me, I'm sure that I would catch some glares from other people. I learned a long time ago that it's not "appropriate" to have the radio in your car turned up all the way. I never understood why, because, let's face it... who cares? I don't. I'm just trying to concentrate on driving so that I don't slip off of the road.

Sticking the last piece of bacon in my mouth, I swallow with a loud squelch and lick my fingers. I come up to a four way stop, and I push on the break, slightly. It was really delicious. I mean, I've had bacon before, but this stuff was different. It was more juicy, not to crunchy, and-

As I resume driving, I notice another car, going way over the speed limit, coming up to the stop sign on my left. I realize that the person in the car isn't going to stop, and I step on the brakes hard. To late.

Oh shit, I think, right before the red Charger rams into the driver's side door.

Hey guys! Sorry for the short chapter. I thought it was an awesome cliff hanger, and I love to end my chapters with cliff hangers. Mwhaha!!! Don't worry, though. I had about five paragraphs more than this when I decided to post this part, so another update will come shortly. As always, love ya!

Stargazer12647