Chapter Five

The glass shatters inward, and I reach up to cover my eyes with my hands. A shard of the broken window slides across my check. The back of my head slams against the seat, but I feel no pain because of the adrenaline coursing through my veins.

        The blue Beetle does a 180 before completely stopping by the side of the road. I peek out of my fingers, just to make sure that its safe to get out of the car. The radio isn't playing anymore, and I quickly find out why. The whole left side and part of the hood is smashed in. The left door is hanging from the hinges, about to fall off, and I can see smoke coming from under the hood. I'm unable to view the Charger, since I am facing forward, but I really want to give that jerk a piece my mind. I try to turn my head to see where the other car is, but all I get is pain. I cry out before grinding my teeth together. My ribs don't feel broken, thank God, but I hurt them pretty badly.

       Well, on to plan B. I slowly unbuckle my seat belt, and I notice that something sticky and wet is dripping from the belt buckle. I look down, afraid of what I might find. The top of my hands are bloody and shredded from the glass. Breathing a sigh of relief for not being hurt to badly, I kick the car door with my foot.

       I planned on stepping out, but, instead of standing up, I find myself lying on the asphalt with my cut check smashed against the cold, black surface.

       Okay, I tell myself, not my best landing.

       I pull my body up to a sitting position, and glare at the unscratched surface of the cherry red Charger. I defiantly got the burnt end of that stick. The car door opens, and I expect some thirty year old guy to getting out, but I'm instantly taken aback.

       A tall blonde girl, about sixteen, rushes over to where I'm sitting. She has light pink lip gloss, and an expensive looking coat with a fuzzy hood on. She has blue eyes, like all the super models do. Well, that explains it. She was probably posting a selfie on Instagram when she happened to miss the stop sign and ruin Rosemarie's car.

       Oh, carp. I crashed her car. She's going to hate me. What if she kicks me out of the Inn. Somehow, I know that the old woman would never do that to me. I not sure how, I just have a feeling.

        The girl reaches my side, mumbling under the breath, she unconsciously flips her irritatingly perfect hair over her shoulder. I try to keep my anger in, but her perfect looks really set me on edge. After all, she almost killed me! 

        "What the HELL!!! Don't you know how to drive?!" I scream at her. She looks concerned as she grabs my wrist to pull me to my feet.

        "Oh gosh, I'm so sorry! I wasn't paying attention, and I just... It's a full moon tonight," she explains. I'm confused, but she has surprised me again. I expected her to be one of those mean girls that I went to high school with... but she seems really nice.

       "What does the full moon have to do with you not paying attention and running into me?" I question her. By now she has flipped out her phone, which looks super expensive, too. She dials 911. She's about to hit the call button when I stop her.

       "Wait, stop. Don't do that. Please," I add the please on, only because of the fragile look on her face. She seems really upset about hitting Rosemarie's blue Beetle.

        "Why? You're hurt, and you need to get to the hospital," her finger slowly sinks down to just above the screen. She can't call the police, or an ambulance for that matter, they'll figure out who I am because I'm sure that my father reported me missing. Maybe he's to hungover to notice that I'm gone, but I need to be careful, just in case.

       "No! Please, I'm fine," I'm really not fine. The girl is holding me up because I'm to woozy to stand on my own.

       "You don't look fine," she states, eyeing the blood dripping down my chin from my cheek.

       "Yeah, well, I feel great. Just put down the phone."

       "Let me at least call my brother. He can call a tow truck for your car, and again I'm really sorry. I'm just not my normal self today."

       I tell her to go ahead and call her brother, but I don't pay attention to what she's saying. After pulling the pink backpack out of the wreck, I sit down, suddenly really tired. My head is spinning, probably from hitting it so hard on the seat, so I'm relieved when I hear the sound of a motorcycle in the distance. It pulls up next to the Charger, and a man steps off. He takes off his helmet.

     I don't catch a good glimpse of him, but I swear that his eyes flash black right before I fall unconscious.

Hey guys! I told you that I'd update soon. So... what do you think? I'm super excited to write more, so yeah! That exclamation point was really unnecessary! So... I really need to finish my library book before it expires. I'm going to go read it now. Bye! And as always, Love ya!

                                  Stargazer12647