Chapter 10

Lauren's POV

"You-your pregnant?" Camila asks, eyes wide with fear.

"Yeah, two-"

"No!" Camila cuts me off.

"What do you mean no?" I ask confusingly.

"Lauren! You can't... You can't be pregnant," Camila says.

"Why?" I ask.

"Because... Because," Camila stutters. A tear escapes her eye but she quickly wipes it away. "I can't tell you," Camila says.

"What are you so afraid of?" I ask.

I reach to grab her arm but she only swerves out of my reach.

"Please tell me it's not mine. I need you to tell me!" Camila says.

"Of course not because it is yours!" I said.

"Lauren! I can't be a parent!" Camila says.

"Why not?!" I raise my voice.

"Because I will only just hurt the poor baby," Camila says.

"How?" I ask.

Camila bites her lower lip and swallows hard. "I... I can't tell you," She says.

"Camila... We've been dating for two weeks it might not be long but... Do you not trust me?" I frown.

I reach out to cup her cheek but Camila swerves out of my reach again.

"I'm sorry Lauren," Camila says. She opens the front door, steps out, and closes it.

"Camila," I frown.

Camila's POV

I pace back and forth in the parking lot as I breathe heavily. "Pregnant..." I whisper to myself.

I double over in a panic at the sound of that word, making me hit my car door.

I get inside my car and drive back to my house. Once I get there, I enter and slam my front door shut behind me.

"God, Camila! How could you be so stupid!" I yell at myself.

My doorbell goes off and I furrow my eyebrows in confusion.

I open my front door and see Harry standing on the other side with a folder in his hands.

"Harry... What are you doing here?" I ask confusingly.

"For this," Harry says.

I take the folder from him and flip through the documents. "I need your father's signature so I can stay in the company?" I ask.

"You've never really been officially part of the team and if you don't get my father's signature I will have no choice but to let you go. We have candidates in line trying to take your spot and honestly, you are amazing at your job and I don't want to lose you," Harry says.

"Yeah... Okay," I nod.

"Are you okay? You look afraid or something," Harry says.

I look at Harry and bite on my lower lip as I fight back and forth in my mind on whether I should tell him what's going on or not. I sigh softly and step aside. "Come in," I said.

Harry steps inside and we walk into the living room, sitting down next to each other on the couch.

"I am scared, Harry," I said.

"Why?" Harry asks.

I hid my face in my hands, groaning into them before I look at him. "I got... I got Lauren pregnant," I said.

"And why are you scared about that? You and Lauren have such a spark," Harry says.

"Because I can't have a kid, Harry," I said.

"You think you won't be a good mother? Because I think otherwise. You're so good with Jayden," Harry says.

"It's not because of that. I know... I know that I will be a good mother but..." I trail off.

"But?" Harry raises an eyebrow at me.

"I can't... I can't say," I shake my head.

"Hey! Take your time, I'll always be here, it's what family is for," Harry places a hand on my knee.

"Thank you, Harry," I smiled softly.

"No problem. Now, I'm gonna go. Goodnight, Camila," Harry stands up.

"Good night, Harry," I said.

He squeezes my shoulder before walking out of the living room and over to the front door with me just behind him.

Harry gives me a smile before opening the front door and walking out.

I close the door and lean against it. "What am I going to do?" I whisper to myself.

Lauren's POV

I sit down on my bed as I rub my stomach gently. "Don't worry my baby... I will try my hardest to get Camila on board but if not... You'll always have me and I will never leave you," I whisper.