Chapter 17

Lauren's POV

"He... He did what?" I cover my mouth with a shaky hand.

Camila leans against her car as tears flow freely down her cheeks. "It's... It's all true. He was gaining my confidence and then when that happened... He... He raped me," Camila says.

"I'm gonna-"

"No," I pull back towards me, making her crash against me. I cup her cheek as I rest our foreheads together. "It's not worth it," I whisper.

"Let's talk back at home. Juñior is in the car and the air isn't on," Lauren says.

I kiss her lips tenderly before I depart from her and we get inside the car.

Back at home, Lauren closes my bedroom door as I sit down on my bed.

"If it doesn't bother you me asking, how did... How did it happen exactly?" Lauren speaks up.

I take in a shaky breath as fresh tears roll down my cheek. "We were in his study, he was playing dolls with me and nobody else was in the house at that time. My aunt took Harry out to the park," I said.

Lauren moves to sit down next to me as she takes my hand in hers.

That motivates me to continue as I wipe the tears away. "He then took my dolls away and said, 'do you want to play something new'?. I asked what and he told me if I want to play the game of secrets. I didn't want to but he said if I didn't he will tell my aunt I was being bad and if that happened my aunt would have grounded me and take away all my toys. I didn't want that so I played the game of secrets with him and that's how... He raped me," I finished.

"And to think that... I was pressuring you into telling me," Lauren says.

"I'm afraid that he will do the same to juñior which is why I freaked out when he touched him," I said.

"Juñior isn't even your kid," Lauren says.

"Do you think my uncle gives a fuck about that? Jayden isn't Harry's kid either and I'm already noticing the signs," I said.

"Thank you for telling me," Lauren says.

"I just want to protect juñior," I said.

"That's why your afraid to be a mother," Lauren says.

"Yeah... Since it's gonna be a boy too... I'm... Very scared," I said.

"I know you think you may harm our kid but after everything, you went through... You will protect him. I know you will," Lauren says.

"Like I will protect juñior," I said.

"So... Have you been taking therapy?" Lauren asks.

"Ever since I was eighteen years old," I said.

"Why did you take that long?" Lauren asks.

"I couldn't just go up to my aunt and say I want to take therapy," I said.

"And why don't you tell your aunt?" Lauren asks.

"I don't want to do that to her and even so... It's been about eighteen years," I said.

Lauren cups my cheek and kisses my lips tenderly. "It's late now. I'm gonna go to my room. Goodnight," She says.

The green-eyed girl stands up and starts to walk away but I grab her wrist and pull her towards me.

"Don't. Sleep with me tonight," I said.

"Are you sure?" Lauren asks.

"Yeah... I just want to cuddle you. After re-thinking about what happened... I feel like my nightmares are going to return," I said.

"Then I'll make sure to take care of you tonight," Lauren whispers and kisses my lips softly, lovingly.

After changing into our pajamas and turning off the lights, we both slide under the covers and fall asleep in each other's arms.