Chapter 21

Lauren's POV

I wake up the next day to the doctor checking my vitals.

"My baby! My baby!" I start to panic.

"Hey, hey, stay calm," The doctor says.

"How's my baby?" I ask.

"Your baby is fine we got him stabilized. He's in the nursery and being supervised as of now," The doctor says.

"Oh thank goodness," I lay my head back on the pillow, relief washing over me.

"You seem to be doing good too. I'll be checking up on you and giving you updates on the baby," The doctor says.

"Sounds good, doc," I said.

He finally leaves and I let out a sigh of relief as the door reopens and my mom and Zayn Jr. walk in.

"Hi, mami..." Zayn Jr. says.

"He was scared and worried about you," My mother says.

"Oh, baby, come here," I hold my hand out to Zayn Jr.

He walks over to me and puts his small hand into mine.

I squeeze his small hand as I place a kiss on the back of it. "You don't have to worry, baby. I'm fine and your brother is fine too," I said.

"I wove you mami," Zayn Jr. gives me the best hug he can.

"I love you too, baby," I said softly.

"You should get some rest mija," My mother says.

"Okay," I said softly.

After having a good sleep, I wake up later that night as I look around the half-lit room.

"If only I could have Camila here," I said to myself.

There's a knock on the door and it opens to reveal the doctor.

"Good you're awake," He says.

"What's wrong, doctor?" I ask.

"I just wanted to tell you that I will discharge you from the hospital. You're in perfect condition," The doctor says.

"And my baby boy?" I ask.

"We will keep him here for a couple of days. He may be pre-born but he's quite strong," The doctor says.

"How many days?" I ask.

"Two or three," The doctor says.

"Can I see him?" I ask.

"Yes of course. Let me just discharge you," The doctor says.

After getting discharged and changing into my clothes, I follow the doctor to the nursery as he shows me my baby boy behind the glass.

I place my hand on the glass as I see how his little chest rises and falls as he sleeps.

"Baby boy. I'm so glad you are okay. I wish you were awake so you can see me and I wish that Camila was here to see you but I just wanted to tell you that we both love you. Soon we four will be together. Me, Camila, juñior, and you. A family," I said. I press my fingers to my lips then to the glass before I leave the nursery.

In the lobby, my mother and Zayn Jr. wait for me and when they see me, they walk over to me.

"How is my grandson?" My mother asks.

"He was sleeping. He's strong. I hope I can have him in my arms in about two or three days," I said.

"Home, mami?" Zayn Jr. asks.

I lean down and pick him up in my arms as I kiss his cheek. "Yes, baby. Home," I said.

Zayn Jr. wraps me in a hug and kisses my cheek too making me cuddle up to him, as we three leave the hospital.