8

"Oh, come on, are you mad at me?" 

"Yes."

Karma stepped in front of Asano, who glared up at him. "What do you want?"

"Don't be mad at me~" Karma whined, as Asano pushed him to the side. "I'm lonely!"

"Then go play with your scum friends."

"Oh~ Are you calling yourself scum? Pfft!"

"I—! Mph!"

Karma pushed the strawberry-head against the wall, locking their lips together. The redhead pulled away for just a second before smashing their lips once again. Asano twitched, feeling a shiver run down his entire body. 

"What—do you think—you're doing?!" Asano demanded. "We are at school!"

It was true. The two were at Kunigigaoka Middle School's main campus. Although, Karma didn't really mind, because it was the end of the day, officially marking the second week of Karma's freedom from the hospital. 

"I told you that you belonged to me for three months, didn't I?" Karma licked his lips, and smirked.

"You should know your boundaries," Asano snapped, attempting to push the redhead off. "This is harassment, I'll have you know."

"Ehh~ But you don't seem to mind?"

"I DO mind!"

"Are you sure?" Karma bumped their foreheads together, staring into Asano's blurry eyes. 

"Ugh." Asano attempted to kick him off, but that somehow ended up with Asano completely off the ground, and in Karma's arms. "You—!"

"Aww, you just wanted to be carried, didn't you?" 

"Let me down—!" 

Ba-dump.

Karma gave him a smile; not one of bloodlust, but of pure innocence and joy. His heart fluttered as he smelled Asano's comforting smell. "Mm~ You smell so good, Asano-kun~!"

"You..." Asano was speechless. Karma, for once, looked happy and relaxed. Another part of him was satisfied that it was him who made the redhead that way, but then he shook it off. Very mixed feelings, here. "I said to put me down! I am not a child!"

Karma spun twice, and Asano had no choice but to grab onto his shoulders. "Stop it—!"

"Hahaha!" Karma laughed. He found Asano's face of caution extremely adorable. "You're so cute."

"I said to put me—!"

"Whoop!" Karma released his arms without warning, and Asano landed on his feet, brushing his clothes clean. "Whew, that was fun~!"

He stole a quick peck and winked at Asano, who blushed and glared. "You seriously don't know where to draw the line—!"

"Asano-kun." 

"What?"

"Would you still talk to me if I killed my mom?" His smile quickly faded and a frown stood in its place. 

"..." Asano couldn't say much to that. And the timing. "Ex...Excuse me?"

"You heard me." 

"What's with this all of a sudden?" Karma landed on the floor, sighing. 

"I was thinking for the past few days. I couldn't leave my room because that psycho was outside, demanding to taste my fricking blood." Karma rolled his eyes. "Like, woman, I'm your fucking son, we share the same shitty blood."

"Blood doesn't work that way—"

"Whatever." Karma bent his legs and leaned against his knees. "So...your response?"

"I will report you for murder." Asano said almost immediately. "Otherwise I'd be considered an accomplice for keeping it a secret."

"Right?" The redhead clenched his fists. 

"So. Are you going to do it?" Asano wasn't really surprised that Karma had such monstrous thoughts. He understood, and had experienced his mother's wrath first-hand. "Can you?"

"So you're going to hate me, right? You're not gonna talk to me."

"Of course not. You're going to be in jail."

Karma nodded firmly, and stood up. "Got it."

"So you won't do it?"

"Nah. Your attention is more important to me than her life, anyway." Karma forced his usual smile, and walked past Asano. "See you tomorrow, Asano-kun."

Karma walked off, and as soon as he turned a corner, his heart clenched tightly. 

I have to hold myself back. He won't talk to me anymore, remember?

Karma didn't even care about going to jail. All he cared about was the fact that Asano won't talk to him. He wondered what Asano would think of him if he told the strawberry-head that the urge to kill was SO strong, he had to risk his most prized treasure to hold himself back. He'd think of him as a monster, right?

"Haha..." Karma chuckled to himself. "But I'm a monster already..."

The strawberry-head watched his back as he turned a corner onto the street. He knew that Karma meant it, when he said when he wouldn't do it. He knew he meant it when he said that his attention meant more to him than the woman's life. He also knew that the smile he had given him was fake, to its core.

"He's easier to read than a book." He muttered to himself, and turned around, walking the opposite direction. "Hmph..."

And that day, the two boys left each other, thoughts of each other wandering through their heads.