Chapter One

HI! Uh, the description for Artemis is a little different because I imagined her my own way.

When I walked through the woods, was I expecting to get shot in the foot?

Nope.

So imagine the surprise and pain I was feeling when I was walking barefoot, in the cold and icy snow, and felt an arrow go through my foot. I screamed and stumbled onto my exposed back freezing it. I felt hot tears running down my cheek as I felt every bone break in my left foot. I didn't know somebody had heard me but my pain turned into fear as I saw a woman poke her face out from the darkness. Her brown eyes widen as she saw the snow around me turn a sickening red. Curling black hair was wrapped into a bun and sat peacefully on her head. She brushed her silver dress and called back into the darkness.

"PHEOBE! YOU HIT A MAIDEN!"

The woman rushed to my side, she looked me up and down. I blushed, realizing she knew I was wearing rags.

Two young girls walked out from the shadows. They both had bows and arrows with twisted braids looked at my foot in shock. One turned to the woman and opened her mouth but she cut her off.

"Go help the young demigods, Pheobe-GO!" The hunter twisted her mouth and ran in the other direction slowly being followed by her friend. 

The woman smiled at me and approached me gracefully. I couldn't help but notice the motherly glint in her eyes.

"Hello," she smiled. "I'm Artemis, goddess of the Hunt. May I take a look at your foot?" 

I nodded blinking back the painful tears stinging my eyes. I felt like a little kid nodding at her but I couldn't be too sure. My mother never cared for me, considering she's dead. Long story.

Artemis wrapped her hands around my foot. I winced a little but her gentle fingers were like moonlight seeping into my foot. A sensation started at my foot and seeped throughout my body like being dipped in silver strength. My throat was no longer raspy and my clothes were no longer torn. 

I glanced back at Artemis who was smiling sweetly at me. I smiled back weakly. 

"Thank you, ma'am."

"You're welcome-"

"M'lady, I think you might want to see this," a girl's voice said softly. 

It was Pheobe. She had returned instead this time she looked a little disheveled. Artemis glanced over at me and nodded at Pheobe. I stood up a little rough but I was still ok.

"Pheobe, lead us to the battlefield."

OMG SORRY, THIS IS SUPER SHORT. I'LL POST CHAPTER TWO SOON. BTW, THIS  HAS SPOILERS FOR PERCY JACKSON AND THE LIGHTNING THIEF, SEA OF MONSTERS, AND TITAN'S CURSE.