Chapter two

Pheobe helped me limp over to the clearing at which the battle was taking place. There were lots of hunters and two "demigods" and a half donkey boy. One of them was a girl, her haircut was chopped to look a little ragged and ratty. She had a black leather jacket, black tights, and black boots with spikes on them. She had a choker braided around her neck and her lips were tinted black. Her electric blue eyes terrified me worse than any arrow to the foot. There was a cut on her cheek and she looked like she had been crying. The boy had black hair and sea-green eyes and was wearing a blue t-shirt with jeans and a hoodie. He looked devastated like someone had killed his parents or something. But something clicked in me and realized who he was.

"YOU!!!!!" I shrieked, grabbing a broken branch on the ground and pointed it at him. "It's YOU!" The boy blinked furiously and his eyebrows furrowed together like he had been accused of something before.

"What?" he asked, annoyed. I tightened my grip on my branch and growled. "You seriously don't rem-"

"Listen-what's thy name?" a girl with a hard expression, a dark braid in her hair, and a strong greek accent. I blinked.

"E-Elizabeth."

"Elizabeth, please," the girl raised her hand. "I can understand your anger but please, we must introduce the new demigods-"

"We're not Demigods!" a girl from one of the hunters' groups screamed. Everyone turned to her. She was clutching the hand of a young little boy. I assumed that was her baby brother. He looked about ten years old, she looked about 13.

The punk girl approached her. 

"Bianca listen, I know you're confused but you and your brother are in trouble. If you stay now, monsters will-"

"Monsters aren't real!" Bianca screamed. Her little brother's eyes lit up. 

"COOL!!!! Does Zeus's bolt really have  10 thousand attack power?"

"Nico, this isn't about Mythomagic!" she turned to glare at the hunter. But a sort of realization dawned on her. "But.. that explains a lot."

"OOH! Bianca, remember that bus driver? The one with the Ram horns! I told you he was real!" Nico pointed out. 

"And the guy who attacked us in the alleyway at D.C..." Bianca trailed off.

"We need to get you to Camp," the boy told her clutching the hilt of his bronze sword. 

"Camp?"

"Camp half-blood," he replied. "A place where Demigods are kept safe and can train to protect themselves."

"Sounds good to me! Let's go, Bianca!" Nico said happily.

"Wait I-"

"There is another way," the hunter smiled evilly at the punk girl. 

"No there isn't, Zoe!" she said her face angry. 

The two glared at each other. I felt the tension from all the way from the hunters' side.  I don't know but there was something that Zoe and the girl were hiding.

"Wait," Bianca said, pointing at me. "What about her? Is she a demigod, Grover?" I blinked. I never exactly thought of myself as a demigod. I was still trying to process that there were even demigods.

"Depends," the goat boy named Grover approached me. "Adhd?"

"Wha-I don't know!"

"Letters float off the page when you read?"

When I tried reading signs and maps, it did give me a headache but-

"I- I think?"

" You might be a demigod," Grover told me. "Thalia manipulated the mist so you're either a demigod or a very unlucky mortal."

"Either way, the choice is both yours," Zoe said with a smile. " Camp Half-Blood is as much as a boy could offer."

Bianca stayed quiet.

"We've disturbed the children enough," Artemis announced with a sigh. "Zoe set the tents, we'll rest for a few hours and retrieve our guests' belongings from the school." 

"Yes, m'lady."

"Bianca, Elizabeth I'd love to have a chat with you."

"What about me?" Nico asked a little disappointed. 

Artemis considered the boy for a second. "How about you stay here and teach Grover that game you were so excited about. I'm sure Grover would love to... as a favor to me?"

Grover tripped himself getting up and grinned. "I'd love to, ma'am! Come on Nico!" 

Grover and Nico walked into the woods taking about each weapon and every Olympian's attack damage. Artemis led a confused Bianca along the cliff as the hunters began to unpack their things. Zoe gave Thalia an evil look left to the school to collect Bianca and Nico's belongings.

Thalia changed her face and stamped her foot. 

"I can't believe-the nerve of the hunters, they think they're so-UGH!!!"

"I'm with you-" the boy started but Thalia cut him off, tears in her eyes.

"Oh you're with me Percy?" she asked furiously. "Why would you go after Dr. Thorne yourself? You knew he was a Monster yet you still went!"

Percy opened his mouth. "I-"

"If everyone attacked him,  we could have easily taken him down without the Hunters involved. Annabeth would still be here!"

Annabeth.

The name caused a little bit of tension. Like somebody playing a record scratch. Thalia glanced over at me and realized I was still there and had witnessed their argument. She wiped a tear off her cheek and marched away from Percy leaving him to process their argument.

"Shouldn't you be with the hunters?" he asked the cold space in front of him.

Oh sorry, he was talking to me.

"Artemis didn't call me," I reminded him. "That.. Annabeth girl, was she a friend?"

His jaw clenched like he was trying to tell me to leave him alone.

"Yeah," he said quietly. "She was."

"Sorry."

"Don't be," he said watching the Hunters build their next tent as white wolves circled the campus. 

I didn't know what to say to him after that. So I just went to join the hunters.

Little longer of a chapter! I hope you enjoy it!