Chapter 4

"What?!" Percy exclaimed. "You can't join the hunt! You need to come to Camp and train with Chiron!"

Bianca winced a little.

I have to admit I wasn't all that surprised. Why would a group of all girls want to talk to a girl in private about a decision?

It was kind of obvious.

Wait-

"What about me?" I asked. I blushed when everyone turned to me. Of course, they'd forget I was even here. I mean why would they care?

"Do you wish to join the hunt?" Zoe asked. I hesitated. Hanging out with all girls was something that would be cool.  Taking down monsters and having a family. But I'd been on the run for a while now and I just need a place to relax. Somewhere to be around a lot of people.

"I'll think about it. You'll have my answer by the Winter Solstice," I told Artemis. She nodded.

She turned to Bianca. "And you?"

"Bianca," Percy said. "You have to stay at Camp and train. It's the only way a half-blood can survive."

"That is not the only way for a girl, " Zoe argued.

"Camp is cool, Bianca!" Percy exclaimed. "There's pegasi stables and sword fighting area and..I mean what do you get by joining the hunters?"

"Well starting off, Immortality," Zoe said with a cruel smile.

Percy gaped.

"She's kidding right?"

"Zoe rarely kids," Artemis said. "My Hunters follow me on my adventures. They are my maidservants, my companions, my sisters-in-arms. Once they swear loyalty to me, they are in fact immortal... unless they fall in battle which is unlikely. Or break their Oath."

"What Oath?" I inquired.

"To foreswear romantic love forever," Artemis said. "Never grow up, never get married. To be a maiden for all eternity."

"Like Athena's  priestess?" I asked abruptly. 

I don't know why but those words were like a blow to me. Or more of a connection. Like it had something to do with me...

"Yes," Artemis said cocking her head to the side. "Very much, except with Immortality, hunting, and more bonding. Much respect to Athena."

"Bianca, this is crazy!" Percy told her. "What about Nico? He can't be a hunter!"

"Very much," Artemis sighed. "But you shall visit him from time to time."

"Please Bianca," Zoe said. "It's worth it. I promise."

"I-I pledge myself to the goddess, Artemis," Bianca started. "I turn my back on the company of men, accept eternal maidenhood, and join the Hunt."

"Lady Artemis shall accept it?" Zoe prompted.

"I accept," Artemis said without hesitation.

The flames in the middle became to grow and a silver glow filled the room. Although Bianca didn't seem any different, she took a deep breath and opened her eyes wide. "I feel-I feel stronger."

"Welcome sister," Zoe said with a satisfied smile.

"Remember your pledge," Artemis said. "It is now your life."

I turned to Percy. His face darkened like all he could think about was failing his mission or failing Nico.

Artemis noticed this and tried for a smile.

"Don't worry, Percy Jackson," Artemis told him. "You can still show the Di Angelos your camp. And if Nico chooses, he can stay there too."

"Great," Percy said. I could hear the surliness in his voice.  "How are we supposed to get there?"

Artemis closed her eyes. "Dawn is approaching. Zoe, break camp. You must get to Long Island rapidly with no delay. I shall summon a ride from... my brother."

Zoe didn't look too happy about this idea but she nodded and gestured for Bianca to follow her. As she was leaving, Bianca turned to Percy. "I'm sorry Percy. But I want this. I really want this."

And she was gone, leaving me with Artemis and a disappointed half-blood.

"So," Percy said glumly. "We're getting a ride from your brother huh?"

Artemis's silver eyes gleamed. "Yes boy.  You see, Bianca di Angelo is not the only one with an annoying brother. It's time for you to meet my irresponsible twin, Apollo."

A bit of a shorter chapter. Sorry! I'll publish one- two chapters every other day.