Chapter 1: Back in Brussles

Brussels was never known for being exciting, or known for anything for that matter. It was just a simple town on the outskirts of Belgium, never really enticing anyone to stop by and plant roots. It was cozy, it was homey, it was safe, at least it was.

The sun peaked through the clouds and formed long golden rays before they reached the Earth and illuminated spots of the ground below. Birds chirped melodically in their nests while people walked down the road. Tintin fidgeted with something in his pocket nervously as he leaned over the handlebars of the motorcycle and waited for Rosa along the road. He watched couples as they meandered down the road and breathed in the delightful spring air.

"What could she be doing in there?" Tintin asked himself. Rosa went into the cleaners to pick up the dry cleaning almost 20 minutes ago. She must've found someone to talk to. She always was the sweet outgoing one. A large smile formed on Tintin's face as the thought of Rosa popped into his head once again before he pulled a small object out of his pocket. It wasn't anything you would look twice at. A normal person would have to look a long time before anything was recognized, but the outside wasn't the important part.

Tintin sighed as he dazedly flipped the lid to the ring box open and closed as he counted the bricks on the buildings to his right he once again. A warm feeling filled his chest. The feeling that seems rare at first, but is always present when needed. A feeling that an inexperienced person would confuse with something bad. It filled his senses and he chuckled as Rosa popped into his mind once again. Tintin put the ring box back into his pocket and looked back to the road.

He imagined her walking down the road, with Snowy at her side. Her hair bouncing into it's beautiful pale locks as she spun on her heels. Her erupting laughter seemed to make the sky itself brighter. Her voice was sweet, kind, innocent. Almost as if it dripped with the sweetest honey.

—-

"Shit! Shit! Shit! Shit!" Rosa yelled as she turned a sharp corner into the next hallway, making sure to keep her briefcase close to her body. Her shoes squeaked as she sprinted across the cramped factory floor, unfortunately echoing along the wall. She turned her head and heard the angry yells of about a dozen men chasing after her. After slamming into the wall of the opposite hallway, she began sprinting toward the stairs back the ground floor, only to find her path blocked by an extremely muscular guard, crowbar at the ready. "Shit!"

This was not good. That was the only way down to the first floor. She looked around trying to find another way down. No extra doors, but there was an unguarded window pretty close by. Rosa bit her lip and inhaled sharply as she redirected her course to the window. Oh, shit. Please let there be something down there other than pavement.

BANG!

Tintin sprung from his seat as he immediately recognized the sound of gunshots. He gripped the handlebars of the cycle until his knuckles began to turn white and his heart dropped into his stomach. What was going on in there? He didn't know. All he was aware of was the fact that Rosa was in danger. He glued his eyes to the door, preparing to run in and save her.

     Rosa burst through the window of the second story, scrambling to stay upright as she flew through the air before landing in a large hedge. She covered her head from the shower of broken glass before she stood and shook her head. She caught a glimpse of someone running towards her. She spotted Tintin's familiar crest of red hair and began running toward the motorcycle as men began pouring out of the door, just behind her. "Ah, Hell!" She yelled. She gestured for Tintin to turn around. "Go back! Let's beat feet and get the hell out of here!"

Tintin skidded to a halt as Rosa pulled the briefcase to her chest and began to run awkwardly. More gunshots followed her as she jumped onto the front of the cycle, Tintin following shortly after. She slammed the briefcase into his chest. "Hold this!"