chapter 10

Cameron P.O.V

"Test starts..." the ethics teacher glanced at her watch.
"Now." 

A timer lit up on the wall. Given only 20 minutes to finish the test, my heart began its drumroll. The teacher walked front and back of the class, spying on every move we made. The sound of her heals sent shivers down my spine. 

I stuck the Mind Reader(MR) on my forehead and filled out the first part that asked for my name. 

The screen turned to the next page by itself. 
FIRST QUESTION : what are the three rules a Clone must follow?
Easy
The teacher hadn't been kidding when she said this test was just for fun.

The MR read what I was thinking and filled out the blanks. 
ANSWERS : 1. A clone should not go against anything Sapiens say.
2. A clone should not ask for questions about the donor or anything that has to do with birth.
3. A clone is not allowed to go anywhere beyond Livestock or the match family

I went on to the next question. But I was surprised by the sudden ringing that came from nearby. 

It wasn't the lunchbell.

The sound was coming from my watch phone. Everybody turned to look at me at the same time. I saw the teacher marching towards me. 
Before I could hang up whoever was stupid enough to not know I was at school, the teacher grabbed my wrist and dragged me to the front of the class. Then she crossed her arm and glared at me. 

"Pick it up and turn up the volume so that everyone can hear."

I did as I was told, just wishing that it wasn't something embarassing.

"Who is it?" I muttered. 

"Honey! Its me." Dads voice rang in the room. His tone so loud as if there was something noisy going on on the other side. Adel who was sitting at the front snorted for no good reason. 

"Your aunt Hadley is coming over today but since you have fencing later, its better if you come now." 

I felt my heart lighten. I wouldn't have to finish the test after all.

"So get permission and head back to the house." He hung up.

I looked at my teacher for permission. She scowled at me. Still annoyed at me for messing up the test I presume. Then she sighed. "Go quietly."

I closed my chip and my desk and everything on it disappeared. Leaving a big gap in the row of tables. Then I left the room.

I had to walk all the way to the end of school since all the molecule teleporters were shut down during the morning. I passed my corner door which was labeled E / blond hair, gray eyes
I felt a pang of bitterness as I glanced up at the sign. 

Why can't I have gray eyes instead of green like everyone else?

The hall led to led to other Europe clonials with different appearances like brown or aburn hair. I went on until I reached the lunchroom: a huge round room with 5 branches. 
I clicked on my chip which was now allowed to teleport since I was in the lunchroom. 

Loud noises peirced my ears. As if everyone was trying to get dressed at the same time. Then I realized that I was home now.

Mom ran down the stairs to me. She had her hair up in a fancy bun. Wearing one of her best dresses. 
"We only have 10 minutes until they arrive. Go change and get back down here."

I chose a yellow dress with a leon ribbon and ran back down. Dad was setting the table with touchable's.
"Why not tubes?" I asked. It had been a long time since I had seen a turky with my own eyes without just tasting one.

"Well touchables look better on the table than tubes. Please hand me those forks please."
I handed him 5 forks. One for aunty. 

"You forgot one." dad murmured. I stared at him in bewilderment. Then I remembred.
It had been a week since her compeer matching. I forgot one for him...my...

uncle.

I had gotten so used to her coming alone. Always her and her presents. I handed him another fork.

The bell rang from the molicule teleportation room.

"I'll get it." Mom changed her slippers into heels and went to greet them. 

I trotted to the door with her. My aunty smiled at us when we opened the door. There was a tall man next to her...who had a fake grin plastered on his face.

I felt my heart stop when I looked at what was on the screen next to the door. 
3...
It said 3. 

Which means...there are three people who have arrived just now.

Then I caught a glimps of a dark figure next to aunty.