Chapter 8

[Shuichi's POV]
(It's been a five days since Tenko and I started dating and neither of us couldn't be any more happy. We are currently making our way to the cafeteria for lunch with our fingers intertwined. As we enter the cafeteria, we immediately make our way to our usual table with our friend group. As we sit down, we notice very quickly that Maki's resting her head on Kaito's shoulder and Himiko's being fed by Kokichi.)

Me: Why are you guys so lovey dovey today?

Rantaro: You don't know?

Himiko: Our friend group officially has four couples.

Tenko: Four?

Me: Yeah. Only couples that are in our group are Rantaro and Kirumi and me and Tenko. Unless...

Kokichi: That's right.

Kaito: Maki-roll and I went to the love room the other day and started dating.

Himiko: And Kokichi invited me to go with him to the love room the day after you guys went.

Tenko: Well that's great to hear.

Me: Yeah, congratulations.

Kokichi: Thanks Shuichi.

Kaito: Thanks bro.

(After we all ate our food, we decided to go to the AV room to watch a movie. That is until...)

Kaede: Shuichiiiiiiiiii!

Me: Just fantastic.

(Kaede suddenly jumped at me, but I was able to dodge in time, causing Kaede to hit the ground.)

Maki: Nice dodge.

Me: Thanks.

Rantaro: You think we should help her up?

Kokichi: Nah, she'll be fine.

(Kaede then got up before dusting herself off.)

Kaede: Monokuma wants to see us in the gym.

Kaito: What does the bear want with us now?

Kaede: It's the next motive.

{Time Skip}

(We all stood around waiting for Monokuma to pop up. When he did we all glared at him.)

Kaito: What do you want now Monokuma?

Monokuma: Alright, since you're all so eager to find out what the motive is, I'll tell you. For this motive...you'll have to find out who the mastermind behind this killing game is. If you guess who the mastermind is correctly, you all will be allowed to leave this school.

Kaito: Really?

Monokuma: That's right. During this investigation, you'll have the entire school to search for clues.

Maki: What's the catch?

Monokuma: Catch? What catch?

Me: We've been here for a whole month and we know that you're never this nice.

Monokuma: Alright, you caught me. The catch to this is...you have only 5 hours to investigate.

Kokichi: Wait! Let me get this straight. We have 5 hours to find evidence?

Monokuma: Well then you better get started. Oh and here's a little tip to help you out...the mastermind's name starts with a 'K'. Now happy hunting!

(As we all left the gym, we immediately started our investigation. We decided to split up into teams of two to make the investigation go faster and so we could could cover more ground. Rantaro and Kirumi took the third floor, Kaito and Maki took the second floor, Kokichi and Himiko took the first floor, Miu and Keebo took the fourth floor, and Tenko and I took the dorms. A few minutes into investigating the dorms, we began looking in Miu's dorm. As we were searching, I found a crumbled piece of paper in her trash can.)