What to do if you missed the Rapture(8): Don't Believe Any Antichrist Promises

Don't Believe Anything Antichrist Promises

A third and most earnest suggestion is, don't believe anything that the Antichrist promises. Throughout the history of the world, sanctified cynicism has been a good thing. Why? Hold ere this truth before your eyes, that all the world is lies and lies. But particularly during the Tribulation, this will be true. The Bible says:

"And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe the lie: That they all might be damned who believed not the t ruth, but had pleasure i n unrighteousness" (2 Thess 2:11-12).

With the failure of each of his programs, the Antichrist will come up with another, supplanting the first one, with new explanations as to why this new plan should work. He will be the consummate politician. Perhaps, then, it would be redundant to say that he will be the greatest liar the world has ever seen.

His biggest lie will be, I am Christ. I am worthy of your loyalty. Follow me. Take the mark of identification that I will put upon you, and we will bring to pass the dawn of a new age, a bright new world.

Finally, he will come to the place where he blames the opposition to his program for all that is troubling the world. That opposition takes the form of a great witness for God coming out of the city of Jerusalem and the land of Palestine. Israel, and the remaining Judeo-Christian influence in the world, will trouble him to the place where he will say, We must do away with this, and then I can have it my way.

What will he do? Well, the Bible describes this in the second Psalm:

"Why do the nations rage, and the people imagine a vain thing? The kings of the earth set themselves, and the rulers take counsel together, against the Lord, and against his anointed, saying, Let us break their bands asunder, and cast away their cords from us. He that sits in the heavens shall laugh: the Lord shall have them in derision (Ps. 2:1-4).

The Antichrist will organize a war against God. He will fancy that if he can do away with palestine, the Jewish nation Israel, and the Jews, he can have it his way. If he can destroy that faith, and the Gospel of the Kingdom, there will be no alternative voice to the lying religion that he has offered to the world. His diabolical religion will permeate everything, reaching to the ends of the earth, but it must be resisted by you! Do not believe anything that the Antichrist promises.

Now, I don't want to be snide about this, but even we who live in this Day of Grace ought to be very careful about political promises. No one can really succeed as a politician, generally, unless he makes promises that he cannot fulfill, unless he advocates programs that he cannot afford. He knows that the world will forgive him for breaking a promise after he makes it, once the election has taken place.

In a small way, this has been true during the Day of Grace. But it will be true in a much bigger way under the power and signs and lying wonders of the Antichrist. Watch out for lying wonders, superficial proofs of what the Antichrist asserts to be true. There will be many, but they are lies!