Chapter 7: Progression

Word count: 816

~~~~~~~~~~

“I can use my flesh and blood to make eyeballs I can control. Obviously, I can only make a few but I can regenerate a bit if I consume blood or flesh. They’re small but do the job just right. By that I mean tracking.” 

Techno let out a grunt. “So they have no attack capabilities?” 

“I mean, I can make small swarms that cut up people but it takes more of...me. Think of bee’s or something, they have stingers right? Imagine instead of stingers, little blades slice the heck out of you.” 

“Can you give them orders? Or are they just little puppets you pull the strings to?” asked Wilbur. 

“No, they can take orders! Has to be simple though cause they’re kinda dumb” he paused,“I share a telepathic bond with them too, but using it for too long gives me horrible headaches. So yeah I don’t use it too much for, you know, my well being.” 

“Where do they come from?” 

“Anywhere on one of my dark patches. They kind of plop out, and no, it’s not painful. Actually, I can’t feel any pain on the patches of skin they come from.” Ranboo laughed, ”It’s weird I know.” 

Philza hummed. “We’re going to send you a picture. Can you use it to track them? We only have one but I'm sure both shits have found each other by now.” Ranboo nodded, he could. 

~~~~~~~~~

Tubbo vomited his food out yesterday, and today. 

Both of them knew it would come, but neither wanted to admit it. His fangs were almost done developing too, they were long and sharp yet tapered at the ends. A yellow liquid also began to drip out of them shortly after he vomited, staining the sheets of the bed. He was hungry, so hungry. 

“It hurts Tommy.” Tubbo moaned as he shifted in the sheets uncomfortably. His pale arms wrapped around his torso as his stomach rumbled painfully; the sound being audible to the other. 

Wincing at the sound, Tommy responded, “I know.”

“I’m hungry, it hurts.”

“Goddamnit I know Tubbo!” Tommy snapped but immediately softed when Tubbo began to whimper. “Look, I'm sorry Tubs it just- I don- I don’t know what to do. How- fuck - how are you gonna eat?” he said, voice barely above a whisper. Tommy felt so useless, how was his best friend going to survive? He couldn’t just give him a human being to chow down on; he doubted Tubbo would even want to eat someone either.

Tommy shoved his arm in Tubbos face. “Here, drink,” he demanded. The brunette shook his head vigorously, nose upturned in disgust. “Goddamnit Tubbo you have to eat. Just drink from my arm, please. For me won’t you?” Tommy pleaded. He was running out of options, he would give himself for the life of his friend. Loyal he was and loyal he always would be. 

“I don’t wanna hurt you Tommy,” Tubbo rasped.

“It doesn't matter if you hurt me dickhead, your life's on the line if you don’t!” 

Tubbo seemed to inspect his arm for a moment before begrudgingly opening his mouth. Mouth quivering, he slowly sunk his teeth into Tommy flesh. 

Tommy hissed in pain as Tubbo began to suckle on his arm. But that pain soon turned numb shortly after when he felt a forgeign substance enter his veins, turning them cold.

After a while he pushed the brunette's head away when he started to feel dizzy. He watched as Tubbo whined from the withdrawal.

“More,” he said, speech slurred a bit from the remaining blood in his mouth. 

“No asshole, you're gonna suck me dry. Who’s gonna take care of you if i'm dead idiot?” Tommy said while addressing his wound. 

“Schlatt will Tommy, duh.” Tubbo said.

Tommy froze. “What do you mean Schlatt will? He’s part of what got us into his mess!” he seethed.

“Miss him. Wish he was here.”

“You miss him? What the hell Tubbo, you're joking right?” Tommy laughed bitterly as he turned to the other. “The man who drugged you and turned you? You develop Stockholm or sum shit? You fucked in the head?” 

“Of course not! I- I think it’s part of the vampire thing or something.” Tubbo responded, now more lively from his feeding. “I dunno, I just miss him. I think he misses me too!” 

“Of course he does. Please don’t tell me this would be me if I hadn’t escaped.” he groaned. Tommy gagged at the thought of being clingy to Philza. 

“How long are we gonna do this?” Tubbo said, now suddenly serious. 

“Do what?” 

“I can’t always feed off of you. Money’s running tight too, we can’t do this forever.”

Tommy grit his teeth. “Yes we can. You bet your ass i'll make sure of it,”

Tubbo looked at Tommy with worry but said nothing and layed back down on the bed. 

~~~~~~~~~~

This chapters a bit shorter, I know. I have final exams to do but I wanted to get something out! Might be a bit before the next chapter comes out tho... 

[Critique in the comments would be greatly appreciated if you're comfortable with that.

To anyone who reads this, Have a nice day!]