Psst, its chapter 25

═════════════════

"You don't know do you?" Wilbur said coyly; something twinkling in his eyes and Tommy knew something was way, way wrong.

"Know what?" he squeaked.

Wait a fucking second, he wasn't supposed to squeak.

A brisk sort of snort came from Technoblade. He pointed to his head. "May or may not have you're head still there bud."

Tommy blinked and definitely did not scream.

"SHIT!" Tommy shrieked, definitely not like a little girl, but like a man. Cause that was he was. A big fucking, strong man that everybody was jealous of. And he's totally not distraught over this bullshit revelation and internally bawling at all the hard work he put into this, definitely not

He was a bat, with a human head.

Oh shit.

He was a bat with a fucking human head.

An angry red burned over his cheeks.

"How dumb do I look?" he squeaked.

"Big," Wilbur said owlishly.

"Big what?" he pried.

"Big dumb, like," The brunette gestured with his hands, biting back giggles. "biiiiig fucking stupid," he choked out, then broke into howls of laughter at Tommy's face.

He groaned, face flushing even harder, but it came out more like a squeak much to his dismay. It only caused Wilbur to choke on his spit.

click.

He whipped his head to the sound. "What was that!"

"Nothing," Technoblade said, lips twitching upwards like he was battling a smirk as he stuffed his phone into his pocket.

"You took a picture didn't you you prick!"

"All I hear are baseless accusations and not a lot of fact Tommy," he said dryly.

"Buh buh buh and all I hear is bullshit. Delete it!" he whined, eyes careening over to Philza desperately. "Phil fix it I'm being bullied!"

"Stop being mean to your brother before I get the belt or something," the ancient replied, tone light and airy and amused. "Also Tech, send it to me yeah? It'll go in the album."

"The what?"

"Nothing mate," Philza dismissed, rising up from his seated position and approaching Tommy, clearly biting back laughter as his eyes crinkled slightly at the ends. Tommy let the man take him in his palms. Red eyes scrutinized his form closely. "Now let's get this fixed ok? You weren't even supposed to do it without my help in the first place."

Tommy's jaw dropped. "You're fucking kidding me right?"

"Did the same to the two shits over there," Philza chuckled, gesturing to the other two who looked to be editing the photo in the corner, careful not to drop him. buncha pricks. "Though, there was a small chance you could have done it on your own."

If only he could punch the smile off the bastard's face.

═════════════════

Turns out it's much easier when your sire does fuck fuck shit with magic or energy or something; mystic supernatural shit Tommy decidedly did not pay attention to. All he knew was that transformation would be a breeze now– after 24 hours of being in the form that is.

Tommy didn't think he would be passed around like some kind of pet. Nor did he think he would come straight out of the package in fucking– baby bat form.

"Aww look at you! you're just a widdle guy arent you?" Wilbur had gushed when Tommy graciously let him cradle him in his hands. Yeah, he bit the bitch. His tiny fangs admittedly didn't do much other than prick him but the message was sent and that was enough for Tommy. Wilbur was also going in to nuzzle him too; the fuck was he supposed to do? Not bite him? Yeah no.

Though, Wilbur seemed to learn his lesson, instead dragging Tommy practically by his wings to his room to play some music he was working on. If it wasn't for his temporarily small frame he would have bolted, but it was a good idea, he guessed, in the end.

He was placed on his brother's bed where he made himself a little dip in the sheets and watched as Wilbur shuffled through his drawers, pulling out pieces of paper and then grabbing his guitar.

Tommy almost fell into the dip Wilbur made as he dropped himself onto the bed. Wilbur laughed, clearing his throat, then begun.

Tommy was nothing short of mystified, enthralled, he'd never heard Wilbur play like this, never when they used to sit under the shade at the park, where Wilbur would bring his guitar with him, never at the coffee shop where he'd play his tunes the most. He was almost mad he wasn't in the proper form to react properly.

The music spun effortlessly by his nimble fingers and soothing voice reverberated in his ears, nice, sweet, yet it graveled– in a way that scratched at his brain just right. Lyrics and instrument came together in a mesmerizing dance, eventually merging completely, perfectly, and in tandem with one another.

He could have sworn he saw swirls and sparks of bright blue in the man's eyes as he sang– he could almost see nebulous trails if  sapphire swirl around the room, like the ghost of the melody.

"You like that Tommy don't you? A couple pets for another show, how about that?" he offered when Tommy glared at him for stopping.

He may more may not have taken up the offer.

Techno, the big man he was, came in clutch. Didn't try to pet him or anything. Tommy much enjoyed it when Technoblade just let him chill on his shoulder. Like some sort of 'gothic parrot' as the man had put it. Tommy didn't know what that meant but it was pleasant; shadowing over him as he read some epic aloud, explaining words and concepts Tommy didn't understand with a patience Tommy didn't think he himself had. The changling thought his IQ went up a couple of points after that session. Though eventually, the man dumped him into Philza's arms when he had to do 'important stuff.' Not that he minded at this point. He reluctantly accepted his role as the bag in this game of hot potato.

Tommy didn't hear screaming in the direction the man went to, he just didn't. He was curled in the lap of his sire instead, mind submerged in a thick solution of languor and honey, not minding if the man's finger scritched at his head as nursed a cup of tea, humming sweetly. Sometimes he forgot that being in the presence of his sire left him like a petulant kitten– as embarrassing as it was. He wondered if the man could turn it off and on at will. Because it sure seemed like it.

"We have a surprise for you, in a couple days," Philza mentioned, absentmindedly, taking a sip of his tea. The precious china clinked on the plate as he peered down at the boy. "I'm sure you'll love it."

Tommy thinks he knows what it is. The bags seemed to have dwindled as of late. Not that they were as filling anyways.

═════════════════

*Cracks all 206 bones after crawling out of the abyss after two months*

That feels good. 

I'm back, and we hit 200k. Interesting development if I do say so myself and I think it's pretty poggers too, thanks random internet people for that. 

On the flip side I'm also kinda capping this story at thirty, so it's coming to an end in a bit.

My writing style has changed to something less prosy. There's the term 'kill your darlings' and I hope I'm not taking it too far. I like the more informal approach. (Edit:  then I edited the chapter and landed right back in prose town.) 

 If you got this far, thank you for reading! And wherever you are have a nice day/night!

I now bid adieu, till next time.