4. over the fence

SAWAMURA POV

I hopped off the train as soon as we reached Tokyo and begged Wakana's dad to buy my favorite drink, the one I always pester the managers to buy for me when they were going on their grocery shopping trip for the kitchen. We took a taxi and got off at the arena. 

We made our way through the crowd trying to find good seats and when we did we settled down. I look over at the field at the dugout hearing Boss calling them on the field to line up. I instinctively stood up but then realized I wasn't a part of the team yet. 

"Eijun? why did you suddenly stand?" Nobu asked surprised by my sudden action.

"Ah, it's nothing!" I quickly sat back down. 

"Alright. We already discussed everything so just make sure you go on the field and deliver! " Coach said.

They warmed up a little bit and waited till the other team came. During that time my eyes were acting on their own and found Miyuki. Seeing him as his 1st-year self wasn't very new to me as he was my catcher for the little game I had with Azuma before I got into Seido.  He was talking to Chris, well It was probably more like him nagging about how he's going to steal his catcher spot and Chris just smiling and nodding.

I smiled but it was quickly peeled away when a ball suddenly flew over the fence landing smoothly into my bag. 

"Hey, can you pass that?" I turned around to see Ryousuke running up to me asking for the ball.

I paused slightly "The ball?"

"Uh- oh sorry Oni- I mean Senpai." I hurriedly stepped back and threw the ball over the fence.

'Hmm, that was not a bad throw. All the training worked as I expected!' I was stuck in my thoughts but was pulled out just to see that said ball landing straight into Kuramochi's head.

Oops, I didn't expect the ball to break that much. Well, it's probably karma for all the time he tried his wrestling moves on me.

"What the fuc-" Kuramochi yelled but was cut off by Boss telling them that the other team arrived and that they should get ready.

Kuramochi looked at me but I can bet he couldn't see me that well because of how far he was. Ryousuke looked surprised but I didn't know what for.

In the next second I saw Kuramochi and Miyuki running over to me so I quickly got up trying to leave but not fast enough because Kuramochi stopped me. 

"Hey you! With the blue hoodie, come here!" He said shouting over to me "You threw that ball on purpose didn't you?" I heard his voice call out to me.

"N-no no I was just throwing over the ball because that Senpai over there asked me to." pointing at Ryou-senpai.

"You-"

"Leave the poor kid alone you're scaring him." Miyuki snickered "Say are you a spy? Which school do you come from? What's your name?" I straightened up debating whether are not I should tell them my school or my name.

"Um... I'm Sawamura Eijun, I go to Akagi Junior high school."

"Ohh never heard of that school before," Miyuki said.

"That's because It's in Nagano." 

"Wait- what is a kid like you doing in Tokyo without a guardian?"

"That's none of your business but if you really wanna know I'm actually here with my friends. I have to go to the bathroom so I'll take my leave now." I quickly ran off. I heard Wakana's dad shouting at me asking if I even knew where the bathroom was.

I mean, of course I do. I've been attending this school for almost three years now.

"Wait I'm not done talking to you- hey!" I ignored Miyuki's persistent shouting scratching my ear and continued on my way.

MEANWHILE

"Look like you're the one who scared him." Kuramochi smiled.

"Hey, I was trying to be nice." Miyuki sighed in defeat.

"You should've tried harder Hya ha ha ha!" Kuramochi said doing his signature laugh hitting Miyuki on the back of his head making the two of them end up fighting.

'Sawamura Eijun huh? interesting' Miyuki smiled to himself.

"Hey you look like a creep you damn moron!"

"Thank you~" Miyuki jeered.

"That's not a compliment!"

- 🂡 🂱 🃁 🃑 - 

[ 737 words ]