;three

Serim groaned and stirred in his sleep, slowly fluttering his eyes until they fully opened

Serim groaned and stirred in his sleep, slowly fluttering his eyes until they fully opened. He woke up on what seems like the floor of a sunlit room. Serim assumed that it was either sunrise or sunset, as the light in the room appeared more orange to him rather then just pure sunlight.

Serim slowly picked himself off of the floor and examined his surroundings. It seemed like a typical apartment room. A wooden bookshelf worth of books stood against the cream colored wall. A fancy dresser stood across the bookshelf, its golden details shining with the help of the light that poured itself into the small room. Next to the dresser was an ordinary wooden table, with various items decorating the top, such as a jar of coins and a sewing machine, which looks like it hadn't been touched for a while. A few spools of thread stood upright near the coin jar, looking as if they were recently purchased. A wooden chair, the same type of wood the table was made out of, stood near the silky curtains that belonged to the window. Underneath the chair were a pair of white flats, a rose painting topping off the tip of the shoes.

Serim also spotted an average kitchen across the room, having all the basic structures every kitchen possessed, such as a fridge, an oven, and a stove. Across the kitchen was also a striped white and blue couch, the white appearing as a dull yellow color in the light. There were many other things present in the room that would take all day to describe.

All seemed quite unfamiliar yet, familiar to Serim. He still wasn't quite sure if he ever had a connection with such a room, especially when there's a sewing machine and a pair of shoes meant for a young girl present in the room.

Where was he? Was he imprisoned? If so, this is a comfortable cell.

Did he get kidnapped? Because the kidnapper gave him quite a nice room, a couch, a kitchen, and even a window to look out of.

"Hello?" Serim quietly called, not sure to be expecting a response or not.

After not receiving any type of response, Serim felt a feeling of uncertainty bubbling inside of him. He could at least try to figure out where he was. But would the door or the window even budge?

There was only one way to find out.

Serim's feet guided him to the door until he stood right in front of it. Reaching out towards the door knob to find out whether it was locked or not, Serim hesitatingly turned the knob to receive his answer.

Serim pulled his arm back rapidly, the door swinging quickly and slamming into an adjacent wall in the process.

It's open.

Serim quickly stepped out of the room, not forgetting to close the door behind him. He found himself standing in a poorly lit hallway, the window at the end of the hall acting as the only source of light.

The end with the window seemed to be a dead end, which led Serim to run in the opposite direction.

Away from the window. Away from the mystery room.