;nine

(⚠️TRIGGER WARNING, MENTION OF BLOOD!)

Seongmin fixed his eyes onto the center of the circular dart board, determined to make a bull's eye with at least one of the small, yet sharp darts he held in his hand

Each attempt started and ended the same way, starting off with Seongmin giving the dart all his force he could manage in hopes of at least hitting the edge of the round dart board once, and ending with the dart sailing downwards in a gradual slope before it clattered with the smooth and shiny floor that held everything up.

The sound the stray darts and the surface of the floor produced buzzed around Seongmin as if it was an annoying type of mosquito. The sound annoyed Seongmin to the brink of death. Every time that clattering sound travelled through Seongmin's ears, he could feel it laughing at his poor attempts, just like as if it was mocking him.

What am I doing wrong?

Seongmin glared at the dart board, burning imaginary holes into it from the frustration that slowly rose in him.

A young child who looked quite a few years younger than Seongmin noticed this, and he used the older boy's frustration as his own entertainment, snacking on a lollipop as he watched Seongmin fail each one of his attempts sadly in content.

As he heard another annoying giggle the floor and the dart, he felt the gleeful stare of the younger boy piercing through him as a teasing glint shimmered in his eyes.

"You're so clumsy~." the boy sang, enjoying every moment of teasing he managed to take in.

Reaching his maximum irritation point, Seongmin tried to bottle in the anger he was feeling before it could explode.

He glared at the young boy menacingly, who showed no signs of flinching under his presence. Pressing his lips together to avoid releasing a string of insults and curses that were hanging off the tip of his tongue, Seongmin took a deep breathe and shut both of his eyes in hopes of calming himself down.

He felt a ticklish tingling feeling surge through the nerves of his eyes, which felt rather strange and foreign to him. It made him feel...quite powerful actually...like he could do anything in the world.

Determined to not humiliate himself in front of the demon child eying him innocently, Seongmin gave the new dart clasped around his hand one more glance before drawing his arm back and thrusting it forwards, with the dart taking off from his grasp and Seongmin's eyes following it's every movement towards the very center of the dart board.

Jaws dropped, including the demon child that teased him not even minutes ago, and gasps echoed around the entire arcade in surprise.

He's scored the bull's eye.