;one

3rd Person POV:

All seemed quite like a typical day on a rather sunny weekday. People were on their way to work. Students were finding their ways to school. Their ears were picking up their daily dose of morning news.

The morning news that day spoke about a meteor shower spotted not too far away from the planet, meteors so bright they could be mistaken as shooting stars. People weren't too fazed by this news story and continued on with their normal day, as if meteors will do anything to them at all.

That's what most students assumed, carrying on with their day, all sharing a common thought that the meteor shower won't drastically affect their day.

Or did it?

Serim continued biking down the familiar path towards his school campus

Serim continued biking down the familiar path towards his school campus. He passed by a few neighbors doing their domestic chores as he winded his way around the paths, his mind left thoughtless except for the imaginary map in his head telling him the way to school.

As he kept his eyes forward on the streets, he couldn't help but let the thought of this morning's meteor shower occupy his otherwise empty mind. It was phenomenal in Serim's opinion. You don't see something like meteor showers on the news, let alone every day, so it definitely took the boy by surprise.

Serim tried to not think about it too much, quickly pushing the thought out of his mind. The only thought left to occupy his mind was to calmly bike his way to school.

Reaching out to stroke the orange cat crouching on the sidewalk, a smile spread across Jungmo's face as the cat's soft fur came in contact with the surface of his palm

Jungmo couldn't deny the fact that animals made him happy. It all brought back a precious memory to him, a memory that acted like a gemstone to him.

Jungmo's smile slightly retreated at the thought of the gone but never forgotten gem from his past.

Why did you leave so suddenly and so soon?
Could I have at least done something to prevent that?
Could I have gone with you?