Chapter 13 - Rescue Mission Part One

Kirito awoke suddenly like he was brought back to life. He tried to sit up but he noticed there was something weighing him down. Looking down he noticed Yuuki was laying on his chest. Face red, Kirito slowly and gently moves Yuuki off of him and sits up. He didn't move much though however, the events of the past two days caught up to him in full. Ther person he murdered, teammates getting injured, leaving his guild, and most importantly leaving the people he cared about more than anything. The world around him became a blur as he dwelled on what this game has done to him. Not only when he lost his lifetime crush to a trap, but when he nearly died just five floors before the first encounter with Laughing Coffin.

Floor 19

"Argo has some more news for us" Yuna announced as she came to the spot where the Black Swordsmen planned on meeting, "apparently there's a loose field boss running around, it's killing inexperienced players!" This brought all of their heads at attention. Though they've been a group for a good amount of time they've never come across something like this before, most of the time it was rescue missions or something of the sort. "We've got no time to waste then, let's go!" Kirito announced and the rest followed. Once they got to the last reported area they saw the field boss and a small group of players running. "Yuna, Eiji, and Asuna you guys help the players, me, Yuuki, and Klein will tackle the boss. Once you guys get them safe help us" Kirito commanded and the team got to work. Kirito's team easily handled distracting the field boss till the whole team arrived and killed it. "You guys ruined our fun!" A voice said from behind a tree. The group all looked at the tree to see three hooded men come out. "Who are you guys?" Kirito asked, walking up to them, "We're just players who want to spice things up a bit" one of them laughed hysterically, "By killing innocent players?" Kirito asked enraged. Just then one of them pulled out a cleaver and struck at Kirito's neck but stopped before it hit, "We'd kill players for real but that's for later" the cloaked person said. Just then all three backed up and teleported away. Kirito slowly reached for his neck, breathing so hard he started hyperventilating. Yuuki immediately ran over and started rubbing his back whilst saying reassuring words.

Present

Kirito shuddered at the memory. That was when he realized that stakes were higher than they were before, he never thought there would be PK's in SAO and in that moment he faced the hard truth that there were. He was going to think more but something pulled him back to reality, something soft...on his lips that quickly pulled away. "Um...I...you were zoned out...nothing snapped you back...GAH IM SORRY" Yuuki sputtered out with her face completely red, much like Kirito's. "Um...Yuuki... where is everyone? Normally they wouldn't let me sleep for an entire day" Kirito said, running a hand through his hair, "It hasn't been that long has it? There's no way we slept for more than a couple hours!" Yuuki said, panicking, "Oh we slept more, it's already the afternoon, why are you freaking out? What happened?" Kirito asked, also worrying a little, "The rest of them went to rescue Lux, if this much time has passed and they haven't woken us up I think they might be in trouble" Yuuki responded breathing heavily. Kirito sat in silence before immediately pulling up his friends list. "They haven't moved from their position in quite some time, is that good or bad?" Kirito questioned, "Bad that means the plan went wrong and they all got captured. We won't be able to enter ourselves, it'll be too dangerous" Yuuki responded, "Well I have an idea, though I'm not one hundred percent sure it'll work" Kirito said, "We have to try it" Yuuki stated. They then both got ready and headed out.

"Alice please be reasonable about this, it's been a day" Eugeo said while standing in her room, "obviously he did it to protect us, we found that out by Eydis actually meeting his other friends. He'll be back, knowing him he just freaked out and when he comes back he'll apologize. I mean look there he is outside your win...dow?" Alice shot her head towards her window and sure enough there was an awkward Kirito waving at them, at least until she closed the blinds.