Chapter 14 - Rescue Mission Part Two

"Well that went about how I expected it to go" Kirito said turning back to Yuuki, "If you knew that was going to happen why didn't we use the front door, we'd be inside by now" Yuuki deadpanned, Kirito opened his mouth to respond but closed it back after realizing that they could've done just that. "Well we can use it now if we're quick before she tells them not to open it" Kirito said in a mad sprint to the door Yuuki not far behind.

"Ah Kirito you're back!" Renly said opening the door, "Bercouli knew you'd be back!" "Yeah, wish it was on better terms though" Kirito said, "where is the big guy?" "He's with the rest of the guild taking on the boss of this floor, why?" "Shit. Um, who's still here?" "Me, Eugeo, Alice, and Eydis. Again, why?" "Rescue mission, the remaining Black Swordsmen and the Fuurinkazan are being held hostage by Laughing Coffin." The room then got silent. Kirito and Yuuki didn't even notice Eugeo, Alice, and Eydis standing behind Renly. "That's suicide if what Argo says about them is true" Alice said eventually, "Well she does get that info from us so it kinda is suicide. I was planning on the whole guild being here, but if you don't want to that's fine but I am going" Kirito said gravely. The others stood there for a few moments without saying a word. "I'll go" Eugeo and Eydis said at the same time, Kirito smiled, "I'll leave a note for Bercouli and the location if we're not back, so count me in as well" Renly said. All eyes turned to Alice at this point, "Fine I'll go, but I'm only going because the only person that is going to kill you, Kirito, is me" Alice said darkly as she walked by everyone else and headed outside.

The group then set out towards Laughing Coffin's base and while Yuuki was talking to Renly, Kirito slid back to talk to Eugeo. "Sorry about leaving like that, I just kinda freaked out about how you guys would've taken it" Kirito opened up, "Kirito I've known you all my life, you did what you had to do and I'm not going to think of you differently for it. If there's anyone you need to apologize too it's her" Eugeo said pointing at Alice who seemed to be having a conversation with Eydis, "Whatever you said to her during your fight really contradicted with you suddenly leaving. If you're not careful she might actually kill you, I've never seen her like this before." "I-I'll talk to her after this is over, I don't think now is the best time" Kirito said looking down at his feet.

The small group arrived outside of Laughing Coffins base which was a cave of sorts. "Alright if we want this battle in our favor we have to release everyone first" Kirito started, "Renly, Yuuki, and I will make a distraction of sorts while you three find out where the rest are being held" "Who said you could boss us around?" Alice said with attitude, "Alice please, you can beat me to a pulp later but right now please just work with me here" Kirito pleaded, Alice just nodded her head. With a plan in motion the group made their way into the cave.