Friends!

Nachiketh

"Aarav, you are coming and that's final. Today evening sharp at 8." I convinced my best friend Aarav for clubbing. Though he wasn't ready at the beginning but agreed giving in for my pleadings. We both with Sushma go clubbing once in a month.

I completed my office works and directly went to the Iconic Pub. Both of them were waiting for me. We all settled in.

"What will you start with?" asked Aarav as he knew my routine.

"My all time favorite, Old Monk." I said.

"I too will go with that." He said and looked at Sushma.

"Sorry boys, I will go with Clement" she said.

"How come you changed your brand?" I asked in surprise.

"I'm very happy today as I'll free myself from my ex-husband's clutches." she said smiling. Aarav ordered.

Within few minutes our order came as we weren't sitting near the bar table.

"So, cheers in the name of our friendship." Aarav said  and before I could take a peg, Sush patted me on my shoulders.

I looked at her. She directed me to the other end of the pub, to the dance floor and mouthed,

"Nat, if I'm not wrong, that girl, in a floral peplum top, dancing, is your wife." she said.

Wait. What? My wife!

"She's saying about Vedika Dutta." Aarav said.

Ms.Dutta, here and on the dance floor!

"Guys. I need to check whether it's her or not." I said, got up and walked hurriedly towards her.

As I neared her, I could see her, she was indeed Ms.Dutta, swaying to the beats of pop music. Before I could disturb her and talk, I saw her best friend Mansi,

"Hey Mansi." I went up to her.

She gave a weak smile, still looking at her friend.

"I wasn't knowing that Ms.Dutta too loves clubbing." I said.

"Why will she not like? She's pretty very much interested in these things." she said still not concentrating on me.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"Every second Saturday of the month she brings me here. Participates in that Vodka shot challenge. Drinks upto her heart's content. Madly dances. Rants out everything to me, finally pukes everything out in the washroom emptying her stomach and sleeps in my apartment." she said as though she had mugged up the routine.

"But why?" I asked again.

"It's been two years Mr.Nachiketh." she said.

"How many shots has she already gulped?" I asked.

"Eleven." she said getting irritated.

Eleven? Is she mad or what? Four shots are enough for any man to get drunk completely. But she's taken Eleven shots! If I don't take her back to home, I'm afraid she'll end up doing all the nonsense things.

"Mansi, I'm taking her home. You don't worry. Do you want me to drop you?" I asked.

"Mr.Nachiketh are you sure? Will you be able to take care of her?"

I nodded.

I went near to Ms.Dutta, who was lost in dancing. I patted on her shoulders, she turned to me, held my hands and started dancing again forcing me to dance.