Chapter 6

So, I'm going out to dinner with Dylan tonight. I should have objected. I must be crazy to let myself go on even one more date with this megalomaniac. As I look through my closet, I can't seem to find the right outfit. I tried on two different red dresses already, one with frills, one without. My heart beats faster as I let anxiety consume me. I know somewhere in my mind I still want to be with him, but he's such a supercilious ass. I'm older and more mature, and I'm sure I can handle him, but the real moral decision is if I should even put myself through that again.

  After quite some time, I had settled upon a neutral outfit. I ran several scenarios through my head whilst doing my hair and makeup. If he admits feelings for me, I have to deny them. If I validate them, that's only giving him permission to hurt me again. I have to let things ease in slowly if I want it to be that way. But what if he doesn't have feelings for me, and I'm getting worked up and let down over nothing?

********

I pull my car into the parking lot of the restaurant Dylan and I agreed to meet at. The light from the windows spilled out onto the dark pavement, illuminating the small puddles around my feet. As I approached the front door, the pungent smells of steak and other various meats floated towards me. To battle the sensory overload, I scrunch my nose, and I head inside.

Shit. Shit. Shit. 

With every footstep closer to the entrance, I could feel the oppressive stupidity of my decision weighing down on me. Why did I agree to do this? I could have said no. I should have said no.

My mind flashes back to the memories of us in high school. I was dumb and nieve and I hated myself for it.

A waiter escorts me to a table set for two where Dylan has already been seated. He has his mind buried in the menu, but looks up for a moment to shoot me a sly smile, then returns to deciding on a meal.

"Good evening Callie, you look nice," He said, not bothering to look up.

I felt awkward.

"Thanks, sir." I replied with a weary tone.

He paused to look at me again, and with a dissapointed face, he added, "You don't have to call me sir, you know. We're not in the office."

I nodded silently.

"Uh, one moment please, I'll...uh..be right back," I excused myself from the table as I wandered off to the bathroom. I opened the door and walked in, closing the door carefully behind me. My reflection looks back at me in the mirror.

"What are you doing here?" A voice entering the bathroom sneers.

_______________________________________________

Listen, so, I'm sorry this is short, but I suppose you can think of it as a preview to the chapters I'll be writing soon. I'm looking foward to updating this story and I couldnt wait to put a little snippet out there, so, here you go!

I hope anyone even remembers this story lol. :3