Chapter 4

I walked into the office early that morning. I recieved a bundle of friendly welcomes. They must know I'm new.

Dylan was sitting at his desk, his hands shifting through various files.

"I'm here," I announced.

"Oh, Callie. Hello," Dylan stood up and greeted me with a kiss.

That was odd, but okay.

I wouldn't have expected him to do that, but I guess he's just replaying on old memories.

He gestured towards the desk.

"This is where you will be working," He told me.

I sat down in the seat and he came up from behind me and wrapped his arms around my shoulders.

I felt comfterble with his touch. Gentle yet masculine. He leaned down so his head was at the same level as mine.

"I really missed you," Dylan whispered in my ear.

That startled me. I mean, I could tell he prefered to dwell in the past but that was just too far beyond buisness.

"Dylan....don't." 

I pulled away from him.

His hands reluctantly slithered back along my collarbone as his position retreated.

"Is something wrong? I thought you loved me," He said.

I felt sort of bad. His facial expression reminded me of a defeated child. Somewhere inside him, he wished he still was a child.

"You don't get it, do you? We're not....we're not like that anymore. Don't you remember?" I asked.

"What are you talking about?" He questioned.

I looked at him again. 

This wasn't the office....

This was the beach. The beach where he and I.....

He looked young. I looked younger.

I sat up in bed.

It had all been a dream. Yes, just a dream.

I looked at the clock. It was 3:42 Am. I layed back on the bed and turned on my side.

Now I couldn't even picture myself going to work tomarrow.

__________________

I'm sorry guys, I kind of needed a filler. I have major writers block and I kind of needed to upload so,

Writers Block + not uploading in over a week = Eh chapter

Although it will get better, I promise.

XOXO

-Lovetolove17