Chapter 3

"I can't believe Dylan wanted me to be his personal secretary," I thought as I walked out of the building.

I took the job, of course, but only because the pay was substantial. I wasn't looking foward to tomarrow.

I walked to the car and got in. Before putting the key in the ignition, I noticed my facial expression in the rear view mirror. My left eye twiched slightly.

I forced a calm expression and started the car.

*******

Later that evening, I was sitting on the sofa watching some British comedy. It was kind of funny, but not the kind of funny where you laugh hysterically. The kind where you can't help but smile at something stupid the actor does.

I decided to get something to eat. I lazily lifted my body off the sofa and walked into the kitchen.

Scrolling throughout the refrigerator, I noticed I needed to go grocery shopping. Which ment I needed money. Which ment I had to work. Which ment I had to see Dylan again.

I sighed and reluctantly closed the refridgerator. Returning to the lounge, I shut off the television. I wasn't in the mood for a comedy anymore.

I climbed up the stairs to my bedroom. My eyes flittered over my closet. My outfit tomarrow had to be business professional. I finally settled on a tan mid waisted skirt and loose white long sleeve shirt that ruffled at the cuffs. I dug out my tan heels and placed them below the chair that sat so still holding my carefully folded choice of clothing.

Sitting on my bed, I looked across the room at my reflection in my vanity mirror. Slight circles around my eyes arose in my vision to clearly announce my lack of sleep the night before. Rubbing my eyes, I set my alarm clock to six thirty the next morning. I needed as much time as possible to prepare myself for my first day.

Even though it was only nine seventeen at night, I was already exausted. I took off my clothes and pulled the covers over me. I threw my head back on my pillow causing it to shape around my head.

I really, really, didn't want to wake up.

-----------

Sorry guys! I know that was kind of boring but I needed a filler for before Callie's first day! I promise the next chapter will have all kinds of goodies.

Sincerely, Lovetolove17

XOXO