Chapter Four

In the morning when Mackenzie woke up, she fought against the smile coming to her face seeing the blonde sleeping next to her. Flashes of the night before went through her mind and that she did not fight.

She gently got off her bed, making her way to the walk-in closet to change. As she attempted to quietly open the closet door, JJ awoke. "Where you going princess?" he asked in a very attractive morning voice. "Just getting changed," she smiled.

Mackenzie dressed herself in her grey NASA shirt, tucking it in to her ripped black shorts with a white lace pattern bikini underneath. She tied her hair back in a single Dutch braid. Placing her several bracelets on her wrist.

One that had five different shades of blue in a wave pattern, one that had colours reminding her of the sunset. Another she made with shells that matches to one JJ has. Then there's one with yellow beads and letters spelling out 'Pogue Style'.

"Come on, get up and get ready. Remember we're meeting at John B's today." Mackenzie said, shaking the blonde boy. "I'm going downstairs to get something to eat, I'll come back with something for you." she speaks while leaving the bedroom.

As she went down the staircase, her three brothers were in the kitchen. Ryan, Kasen, and Taylor. If it was just Kasen and Taylor, she would be able to leave with food without any questions, but with Ryan there was no way. "Good morning Kenz." Kasen smiled at his sister.

Kasen was nice, he wasn't like Ryan. He wasn't the biggest fan of Pogues, but he understood why Mackenzie hung out with the people she did. Kasen went by their parents rules like Ryan but he didn't act like the eldest did toward his other siblings.

Basically Ryan was the only one in the family that truly acted like a jackass toward his siblings. Their parents are strict. It's either you live by their rules or you're thrown out to the cut. Their father, Aster Henderson, runs a corporate office on the main land along with several companies on the island. There is rarely a deal made in the Outer Banks that doesn't go through Aster Henderson first.

Owning the island club means they organize the midsummers celebration. All of their children must attend otherwise it makes a bad image for them. They have at least three beach houses. One in Turks and Caicos. One in Nassau next to the Cameron's. Then one in Aruba her mother, Catalina, inherited. Aster is currently working on a deal for a beach house in Saint Vincent and the Grenadines.

Mackenzie loved and appreciated her parents, but she hated their rules. No Pogues in the house, date rich only. No drugs, no swearing around Ella –which of course was understandable.

"What's with all the food, Mackenzie?" Ryan questioned her as she took items from the pantry and began to leave. "None of your fucking business asshole." she hissed at her oldest brother. "Don't fucking talk to me like that." Ryan practically spat.

Kasen rolled his eyes, "Ryan chill out dude, you're acting like a fucking security guard or some shit." the red-haired boy scoffs at the eldest. "It's not like she's stealing, it's our house." Taylor added in. "Those Pogues are really turning you into a bitch, I wouldn't be surprised if you were screwing one of them."

"Like you were?" Mackenzie glared at him. "Here's the deal Ryan. You got yourself thrown out of the house for fucking a Pogue and now you're back, bossing me around like I'm actually supposed to answer to you. I don't. You wanna judge my life? Judge yours first." she snapped at him, walking away with the food.

When she got back up to her room, she locked the door behind her, seeing JJ sitting in the hanging papasan chair on her balcony smoking from his Juul. "You know, you like to cuddle in your sleep, like a teddy bear. I'm thinking bear should be a new nickname for you." JJ grinned to himself as she stepped outside.