Chapter Seven

Mackenzie had stayed at the chateau for the night, sneaking back into her room through her balcony to get changed and ready for going out again with her friends. The plan was to go out in the HMS Pogue for a little while before following more of the trail Big John left for his son.

As she snuck into her room she saw a figure on her bed scaring her half to death. "Where were you huh?" Ryan's voice rang through her ears. "The fuck are you doing in my room? Get the hell out!" she almost yelled. "Answer the question, Mackenzie. Where were you?" Ryan repeated. "I stayed over at Kiara's, now get the fuck out." the redhead spat at her brother. "So you were with your stupid Pogue friends all night."

"Kiara is actually a Kook so fuck you asshole. Get out. You know the rule, my room is a brother-free zone." Mackenzie said again, pointing at her door. "Fine, but I'll make sure to tell dad you stayed out all night with Pogues, sure he'll love that," Ryan smirked. "Well, dad is actually pretty okay with me hanging out with my friends. He knows why I hang with them instead of all you rich entitled assholes." Mackenzie sneered.

When Ryan finally left, she let out a huff before walking to her closet. Throwing on her pastel purple string bikini along with a black and white striped button-up t-shirt with a little tie at the hem on the front. Covering her bikini bottoms with black shorts that had a tiny lace pattern at the ends. Mackenzie tied her loose beach wave curled red hair in two loose, somewhat messy French braids. A few pieces in the front being left out so they framed her face.

She quickly brushed her teeth and washed herself up before leaving her room and walking down the large staircase. As she reached the bottom, Archie came bounding toward her as if he hadn't seen her for a month. Which from a dog's perspective was somewhat possible. "Kenzie! Guess what!" Ella's happy voice travelled through the house. "What angel?" Mackenzie wondered, joining her sister and Kasen in the kitchen. "I lost a tooth when I woke up!"

Mackenzie gasped, a wide smile on her lips as she looked at her eight-year-old sister. "We're gonna put it under your pillow tonight and hopefully you'll get a visit from the Tooth Fairy!" Kasen said sweetly. This is why Mackenzie liked him more than Ryan. Kasen was nice and loving toward his siblings no matter what they did. He was way more understanding and way kinder than the eldest brother.

"I'm gonna be taking a cooler for me and my friends today," Mackenzie says as she grabs one from the cupboard. "Can I come today?" Ella asks, "I'm sorry angel, we're going somewhere you can't go yet. Here, you can come with us next time I'll make sure of it." the older tells the little blonde who simply nodded and hugged her before skipping off with Archie.

"What are you doing today?" Kasen asked her, his tone completely unlike Ryan. He wasn't interrogating her, he just wanted to know what his sister was doing with her friends. "We're just going into the marsh but I was gonna slip some beers into the cooler and JJ usually does something reckless which Ella will then want to do so..." Mackenzie trails off. Kasen just chuckles, "fair enough."

The older redhead walked closer to his sister, "you know the rest of us don't care, right? We don't care that you hang out with Pogues, they're your friends." he smiled kindly to Mackenzie. "I'm just happy you're doing much better now," he adds, giving his sister a small hug. "Thanks, Kas, that actually means a lot." Mackenzie smiles back at the eighteen-year-old.

"I just... I'd really hate to see you back at the place you were before you started hanging out with them. They brought my sister back so.. just remember that we don't care. I do not care who you hang out with as long as they don't hurt you." the sixteen-year-old smiled again, "thanks, love you." Kasen hugged his sister once more, "love you too kid."

Mackenzie finished packing some drinks and snacks, throwing some beers in as she had said. She made her way out to the end of their dock where she would be picked up as usual. Almost timing it perfectly as she saw the HMS Pogue pulling up to the dock with JJ ready to help her in. "Hello princess, did you bring anything fun?" the blonde asks as she takes his hand. "Yeah yeah I got you some beers you alcoholic." she chuckles. "Hey! They're really good!"