Chapter 3

Liam and Ambrose stood in the basement before Willow's body that was chained up. Ambrose and Selene had gone after Willow who told them to break her neck then lock her in the basement before Fayde took control again.

Fayde groaned as she woke up and saw the chains around her wrists before she sat up and saw the boys. "You really put me in chains?" She asked. "We had to restrain you somehow." Liam shrugged, he and Ambrose not flinching when she rushed towards them but was stopped by the chains and an invisible wall.

"We know how much you don't like using Willow's magic. We had Avery create this for us." Ambrose said and she was rather impressed but she didn't let them know it and instead groaned and sat down.

*****

Selene sat on a chair in Caroline's room next to Stefan while Bonnie stood by the bed Caroline was sitting on. Caroline needed a daylight ring and Selene found one in the house.

"So I don't get to choose the ring I have to wear for the rest of my life?" Caroline asked. "Usually, yeah but Willow's had this one lying around, the design shows people that know it Willow trusts you enough to own the ring."

"If you don't want to..." Bonnie started but Stefan cut her off. "No, no she wants it." He said and gave Selene a look, knowing she would want to say something. "Now what?" Caroline asked. "Well, when you've put it on me and Ambrose are gonna help you get things under control while Liam watches Fayde."

"What did you do with her?" Stefan asked. "Locked her in the basement. She'll give Willow back by the day's done." She said. "How do you know?" Bonnie said. She was relying on that alone just so she wouldn't get killed without looking. "Because I've been around her long enough to know she'll get bored sitting around and not being able to get what she wants. Which is killing you."

"What if Caroline hurts someone?" Bonnie asked as she crossed her arms and Selene frowned. "I'm not going to hurt anyone." Caroline insisted. "You're a vampire, that means the urge to kill is a part of you now." Bonnie told her.

"It's more an urge to feed but after her lessons she'll be more in control of those urges. Willow's teachings are effective trust me, I was the worst case she's ever had to work with." Selene said. She became a ripper when she was on a killing spree right after she turned and she was really stubborn.

"Bonnie, you're supposed to be my friend." Caroline said. "I can't ignore what happened, okay? If you want to be friends, you have to prove the Caroline I remember isn't gone." Bonnie said and Selene rolled her eyes. "Do you really think I meant to kill that guy at the carnival?"

"He's still dead."

"Are you sure it works?" Caroline asked Selene when she put the ring on her finger. Selene was going to assure her it did when Bonnie opened a curtain, letting the sun in. "It works." She said. "What if it hadn't Bonnie?"

"She's all yours." Bonnie whispered to Selene before leaving.

*****

Liam went down to the basement after noticing it was too quiet down there. Selene had got back with Caroline and she and Ambrose were out in the forest starting her lessons, when Liam and Caroline saw each other it was tense for a change.

Caroline was still hurt that Liam hadn't told her everything and with what was happening on top of that she said she needed some space for a bit and respecting her wants, he did just like now. It pained him to do so but he didn't want to make things worse for her.

Fayde was laying on the floor with her eyes closed and legs propped on the wall when Liam walked in. "Are you here to let me go?" She asked, not opening her eyes. "Are you going to go after Bonnie?" He asked back and she smirked. "Guess you'll have to keep me in here." She said and opened her eyes to look at him, "But what if I said I promise to not kill her?"