Chapter 9

"Okay, you must understand I only know what I've picked up over the years and I don't know what's true and what's not." Rose said as she, the five Sawtells, Elena, Damon and Stefan were in the main room of the Sawtell Estate.

When Selene returned home, she was overjoyed to see Abigail, and Abigail was happy to be distracted by what Rose told her and the others. The entire night Selene, Abigail and Willow caught up and Selene complimented Abigail's hair, thinking it suited the girl and her current attitude.

"It's the problem with all this vampire crap but Klaus, I know he's real." Rose continued. "Who is he?" Elena asked. "One of the Original vampires. A lot of vampires come from his bloodline." Willow explained. "Like Elijah?"

"Elijah was the Easter Bunny compared to Klaus. He's a foot soldier. Klaus is the real deal." Rose said. "Klaus is the oldest out of all of them. At least that's what people think." Selene said. "Okay, so you're saying one of the oldest vampires in history is coming after me and Abigail?"

"You should be honoured, it'll be the only exciting thing in your life." Abigail said and Willow gave her a look.

"What they're saying is, I mean if what they're saying is true..." Damon started.

"Which it is." Willow and Rose said.

"And you're not saying it so I don't kill you." He carried on, looking at Rose.

"Which, I'm not."

"Then we're looking at a solid maybe."

"Look, Elijah's dead, right? So no one else knows you exist." Stefan said and Abigail scoffed. "You'd be surprised, besides Elijah will be back. There's a reason he's lived for as long as he has." She said, leaning back in the chair she was sitting in.

"That's not really helping." Stefan frowned and she looked at him. "You'll come to realise I don't sugarcoat words or loosen the mood." She told him. "Well, I've never met anyone who's laid eyes on him. I mean, we're dealing with centuries of truth mixed with fiction. We don't know if he's real. For all we know he could just be some sort of bedtime story."

"That's not exactly true." Selene said. "What do you mean?" Elena frowned as they looked at her and the others. "We've seen Klaus, we're even friends with him." Ambrose said. "When?" Damon asked.

"Centuries ago now, this is the first time we've heard anything since the 1860s." Liam said and Abigail gave him a look. "Why? What happened?" Elena asked and Abigail sighed. "He slept with another woman while he was married to me. He used me, grew bored of me then tossed me aside and the woman before you is the result of his actions."

Selene placed a hand on Abigail's shoulder after she said that but the woman shrugged her off before getting up and walking out of the room.

"If Klaus wants something, he gets it. If you're not afraid of Klaus, then you're an idiot." Rose said. "Alright, we're shaking. You made your point." Damon remarked and Elena got up from where she was sitting.

"Where are you going?" Ambrose asked. "School. I'm late." She replied. "Oh yeah, I forgot we had that." Selene said, getting up as well. "I'll go with you." Stefan said. "It's okay, I know the way." Elena said and left with Ambrose and Selene.

"She's in denial." Damon said and Willow rolled her eyes.

The others went about their day and Willow offered Rose a room since she couldn't bring herself to kick the woman out. She wasn't happy with her taking Abigail but she understood she and Trevor were desperate.

Abigail returned after a while and Willow noticed slight signs of blood on her daughter's hand and sighed.

"Please tell me you didn't kill anyone. It's daylight for crying out loud." She said as Abigail went and did herself a drink. "Since when has that stopped me?" Abigail smirked but it dimmed when Willow frowned at her, "I killed some deer in the woods, I promise."