82.

Hyunjin opened her eyes when she heard a loud thud and someone shouting outside, she immediately sat up and when she heard a familiar voice.. She didn't saw her mom sleeping beside her so she felt extremely worried. "mom!!" She shouted and went outside, she widened her eyes when she saw a man stepping at her mom's head while she's lying on the ground, helpless. Hyunjin froze on her place, she thinks the time has come for them.. the lunatic is back to haunt for their lives and mess it up.

"i never thought our daughter will grow into a beautiful woman, don't you agree honey?" The man asked, Hyunjin can feel her hands trembling with fear and anger.. she wants to attack that man but she just can't since he's holding something sharp. Jieqiong was crying as she look at her daughter while she's on the floor.

"why are you even back.." Jieqiong mumbled with her tears, the man laughed and stared at her. "because i'm here to ruin your lives." After hearing that, Hyunjin felt really afraid because that man she fears can kill her mom anytime. "come here Hyunjin-ah, give your father a hug" the man said, Hyunjin doesn't even want to but she needs to, she and her mom is in great danger, they can die in any minute if she disobeyed the demon's order. Hyunjin nervously approached him, the man hugged her and can feel the latter trembling with fear. He smirked and Hyunjin suddenly had a plan, a vase was behind him so she hugged him back and reached for it.

The man pulled away from the hug and held both of Hyunjin's shoulder, he smiled at her. "are you happy to see me? father loves to see you after a very long time" he mumbled, Hyunjin let out a deep breath and smiled back at her. "not really" she mumbled and hit him hard using the vase on the head, the man fell back on the ground, weakly. Hyunjin then took the chance to drag her mother outside and shouted for help. She then remembered that Heejin's house is nearby so she took her mom there, she immediately knocked on the door hard. "help!!" She shouted.

The man groaned and stood up, "i swear i'll fucking kill you brat" he mumbled and looked for them outside, he can hear someone shouting so he followed the voice and saw the both of them knocking on someone's door. Meanwhile, Chaeyoung and Mina woke up when they heard a noise outside, "help!" They heard so they become worried and rushed downstairs, Chaeyoung opened the door and saw Hyunjin with Jieqiong. "please.. help us" Hyunjin mumbled, Chaeyoung immediately pulled them inside without hesitations.

They can hear a man shouting outside, like a crazy fool. Chaeyoung guided them to sit on the couch, Hyunjin panted and her tears fell. They thought she and her mother will die, she thought that's the end for them but good thing she suddenly think of a plan, the only hope for them. "what happened?"Chaeyoung asked, Jieqiong was spacing out while tears are falling on her eyes, Chaeyoung can see fear in both of their eyes. "honey, please bring the both of them a glass of water" Chaeyoung said so Mina nodded and went on the kitchen.

"mom? mama?" They heard a voice coming from the stairs so they looked at her, Hyunjin's tears fell again after seeing her. Heejin then widened her eyes when she saw Hyunjin, with the tears on her eyes.. she suddenly feel like she wants to cry after seeing her like that. She ran towards her and embraced her tightly, "hyunjin-ah.." Heejin mumbled and grasped on her shirt, Hyunjin hugged her back and let out her warm tears with her fear.

Chaeyoung suddenly went confused after seeing her daughter hugged a random stranger she just met, she didn't mind asking because she knows, it's not the right time for that.

so shit the bg music for this chapter really fits well, i'm so satisfied 😔🤟