Chapter 18: The Experiment

Y/n's POV:
"Ethan what happened?"
We were finding our way out the boat and made our way to a small lake.
"You were taken"
"By what?"
We walked into the water making our way through.
"I-I don't know....there was this little girl"
"Eveline" I cut him off.
"Yeah...how'd you know her name?"
"Just tell me what happened"
He gave me a look then continued. He told me what happened on the boat while I was away.
"Sounds like a great get together"
I stated as I pulled myself out the water. I helped Ethan up.
"Thanks" he breathed out.
I kept his hand in mine as I wandered around the shack we were in. The bird cages from Zoe's trailer were in here.
"Oooo"
I grabbed the coins and shoved the into the cage that had the Magnum.
"Thank youuu"
I put the Mag into the green box for now and grabbed the stimulants next.
"Now I know I shouldn't put weird pills in my mouth....but if it helps with reloading fuck it"
I popped the pills in my mouth and gave it to Ethan. He did that same.
"Y/n..."
I was half way out the door since I grabbed what I needed.
"Uhh yeah?"
"How did you know Eveline's name?"
...
I sighed.
"Honestly...Before I woke up to Jack and Zoe....she kept whispering to me. I-I don't remember what she said all I remember was her saying the name Eveline and I assumed it was hers since I knew everyone else's name here"
He nodded his head and grabbed my hand.
"Promise...promise me to not keep secrets...I really love you and I don't want to be lied to like how Mia lied to me"
I looked at him deeply. He was hurt. I knew he was and I didn't plan to be like Mia. At. All.
"I promise" I squeezed his hand in reassurance.
He smiled lightly at me before leaning down to leave a short kiss on my lips.
"And I love you too" I smiled.
He chuckled lightly before pulling us out of the shack.
———————————————————
We were in an elevator going down. And we know what happens when you go down in a horror movie.
Anyways...the doors opened. Ethan stepped out first holding up his handgun while I pulled out my trusty shotgun. We walked ahead and a crawly goopie came down. Ethan shot it once, then twice, and then I shot it.
It made the squish noise and I smiled in satisfaction.
"Kind of missed these guys. Beats the actually people we fight" I smile and walk ahead only to be pulled back.
"Watch where you're walking unless you want to explode!"
I stopped smiling so my eyes could fully open. Right in front of my was a line to an explosive.
"Guess my pal Lucas is down here"
Ethan gave me a look.
"Pal?"
"Obviously I'm being sarcastic Ethan" I scrunched my nose,"why would I be friends with Lucas"
He shrugged his shoulders,"guess I should have known it was sarcasm" and chucked a bit.
He let go of my shirt and we crouched under the explosive.
I broke a box and two goopies started to come at us...shit.
"Uhhh let's go"
I grabbed Ethan's arm running past him and couching under the explosive waiting for the goopies to walk into it. Once they did they started crawling to us.
"Man they never give up huh?"
Ethan shot one making the head explode then answered, "I guess not"
I shot the other one making that one explode as well.
———————————————————
We walked into a new area finally getting away from a few other goopies. It was a building.
"How the hell did they get a building down here?"
"I...have no idea? Wait what the hell... why on Earth is there a building down here?"
"Oooo what if it's a secret lab!!!" I shouted, my eyes widening in excitement.
Ethan looked down at me laughing at my excitement.
"Maybe it is" he smiled down at me. I stared up into his eyes.
"Heh you're cute...ya know that?"
"Hey I'm supposed to be the one telling you that" I giggled at what he said and took his hand dragging him up the stairs.
We walked into a lab.
'Hell yeah'
I looked at the desk and saw some emails. I started to read them while Ethan looked around.

Sent:
Friday, January 16, 2015 12:42 AM
Thanks to you guys it's been about a week since my head's been clear and back to normal. And she STILL thinks she's got me! You guys really need to work on fixing that. Not only does she look like a little kid, but she's about as stupid as one, too.
Mom and dad are still totally under though. I was wondering. Is this whole "family" obsession something you guys programmed into her? It's kinda fucked up.
Sent:
Friday, November 4, 2015 2:10 AM
That bitch Mia is still somewhere in between Evie-La-La Land and reality. She gets pretty violent, so I locked her up in a cell. I thought maybe Eveline would get mad since Mia's her favorite and all, but she doesn't seem to care. She actually goes and visits her sometimes. She thinks Mia's her mommy. Like I said, your "bioweapon" is fucked up.
Sent:
Friday, September 1, 2016 1:10 AM
Eveline's family obsession is getting out of hand. She's making everyone kidnap more and more assholes off the street to add to her freak show of a family. Maybe she's getting tired of Mia not coming around, but it's a pain in the ass for me because I gotta clean up the mess whenever someone new comes along.
By the way, Evie's looking sick or something. Her skin is getting all wrinkly, and she's getting gray hairs. Is that supposed to happen? It's almost like she's getting old all of a sudden.