Ralph Macchio

Requested by 

"C'mon y/n, it's just one date!"
"No way, that's what's you said last time."
Kelly rolled her eyes, your best friend was trying to get you to go on a double date with her. You wouldn't mind so much, but you didn't even know who you were supposed to be going out with.
"Who is this guy anyway?" You asked, fiddling around with your hair.
"Look I found myself a really great guy and I really like him. All I need you to do is talk with his friend for just one night. Please, y/n, pleaseee." Kelly begged.
You saw the desperation in her eyes and had to give in. "One night only?"
She nodded, "Just one night."
You sighed, "Alright, alright Kelly, I'll go with you."
"Yessss!" She shrieked. "Great. Tonight at 8, at the diner."
------------------------
You applied a thick coat of lipstick and tied a scrunchie in your hair. You tried to straighten out your skirt with your hands but eventually gave up. You looked in the mirror and were actually pretty pleased with what you saw. You checked the time, 7:56. Time to go.
You ran outside as Kelly repeatedly honked the horn. "I'm coming, I'm coming!" you laughed as you jumped inside. The whole ride to the restaurant, Kelly continued to rant about the new guy that asked her out. The way she talked about this guy, Matt, made him seem as if he was perfect or something. "Sounds great," you responded, trying to hide the jealousy in your voice.

"Oh he really is," Kelly gushed.

"What's his friend's name by the way? You know, my date?" You asked, still slightly annoyed that Kelly hadn't mentioned anything about the guy she was dragging you out here to see.

"Oh um something with an R," she was silent for a second before it finally struck her. "Ralph! Yeah, Ralph, I think. I don't really know him, but if he's Matt's friend I'm sure he's a good guy."

"Great," you mumbled, slumping into your seat. You honestly couldn't feel less excited to meet this mystery "Ralph" stranger.

Finally, you and Kelly arrived at the busy diner. Though it was small, the diner couldn't be more enthusiastic and alive, much the opposite of your mood. Kelly looked around before she saw a smiling brunette boy waving her over. Her face lit up as she waved back and grabbed your arm, pulling you over to his table.

"Matt!" Kelly screamed as they embraced each other in a hug. You moved past them and sat the booth, across who you assumed to be Ralph.

You decided you were going to try to be positive tonight. Kelly looked really happy with this Matt person, and if going on this double date with them would make her any happier then you'll do it. "Hi," You greeted with a warm smile. "I'm Y/N."

The tan boy smiled at you, "Pretty name, I'm Ralph."

Matt sat down next to Ralph, while Kelly sat beside you. They began to talk loudly to each other, not even acknowledging their friends right next to them. However, you didn't really mind as you got the chance to get to know Ralph better. "So, Ralph, how come I feel like I've seen you before?" you asked.

"Well, we have social studies together. I always sit in the back of the class, though I could've helped but noticing a pretty girl like you."

"I could say the same for you," you responded, wiggling your eyebrows, causing both you and Ralph to laugh. Soon, the waitress came and everyone put in their orders. Not long after, Kelly excused herself to go to the bathroom.

"Uh um I need to go to the bathroom, too," Matt said, getting up suddenly. He rushed away while you Ralph laughed at his strange behavior.

"Quite suspicious," you chuckled.

"Tell me about it," Ralph said while laughing and shaking his head. "At least it gives us more time to talk," he shrugged. For the next 10 minutes or so, you and Ralph babbled on about your least favorite teachers, your favorite movies, how hot Shrek looked in yoga pants, the fact that one of your teachers fucked Dave Gahan, etc. You really couldn't believe how much the two of you had in common. Out of all the dates that Kelly forced you to go on this was the first time the guy was actually charming, cute, funny, and an actual decent person.

Eventually, the food arrived and Kelly and Matt still haven't come back from the 'bathroom.' "What's going on?" you asked, slightly concerned. "Are they ok? Should I go check on them?"

Ralph laughed, "Calm down, y/n, there's no need for that." He gestured to the window, "Look."

You squinted to see Matt and Kelly making out in the front of the diner. You rolled your eyes and laughed, "Should've known."

You began to eat as the speakers in the diner began to play "Hungry Like the Wolf" by Duran Duran. "Wow, I love this song!" Ralph exclaimed, starting to do a silly little dance.

"Wait really?" you said while laughing at his dance.

"Yeah," he smiled. "Duran Duran is probably one of my favorite groups."

"Me too! That's cool! So what other groups do you like?" As you guys ate, you discussed your favorite groups and favorite songs. While you were deep in conversation, Matt and Kelly walked back in, both blushing and looking down. "Well well well, look who decided to show up," you said while crossing your arms.

Matt and Ralph began to talk to each other while Kelly turned to you and whispered, "Well how's it going?"

You smiled, "Actually really really good, he's super funny and cute."

"Awww I'm so happy, Finally, one of my dates for you is actually going well."

You laughed before smirking and asking, "So what really happened outside?"

"Stop!" she screeched while playing hitting your arm. "I'll tell you everything in the car."

By now, it was getting quite dark out and it was time to say goodbye to the boys and go home. Matt and Kelly exchanged many kisses and hugs, taking forever to leave.

Ralph turned to you, "Y/n, I had a genuinely good time tonight and I uh..." He scratched his neck while biting his lip, getting all nervous.

You laughed at his cuteness and pecked his cheek, "Of course, I'll go on another date with you." He smiled brightly at you as Kelly and you walked out the door. "Bye!" you both shouted at each other.