sixteen

_sixteen_

Alicia's P.O.V

It's been a few weeks since the Best Valentine's Day I've ever had. But I haven't been feeling like myself. Like for example Dallas and I our sitting here discussing Venue for the wedding with some woman. I don't care for her cause any chance she gets she's touching Dallas. Dallas could only dodge her so many times.

"What about a beach wedding?" She asked as she once again reached for Dallas' bicep.

"No my family won't tolerate the humidity nor will the enjoy sinking into sand." I spoke up. Dallas once again slid closer to me as if I was going to save him from his love sick puppy.

"It is your wedding." She said with attitude.

"No the wedding is for the family and friends, the marriage is for my groom and I." I corrected her. She gave me a demonic look that just brushed off, as Kai would say 'She can't beat me though.'

"Right, I would consider a very extravagant beach house." Dallas said choosing to satisfy both me and this bitch. When she clapped happily jumping up and down as if she never in her life heard a compromise before.

"Dallas, I'm not feeling well I'm going to get going." I said truthfully. My head was pounding, I wanted to puke because of the horrendous scent of the wicked bitch of the west's perfume.

"Alright baby. Nice talking to you Karin." He said. I turned and glared at him.

"No you stay and finish planning with her." I said. He looked at me and asked me if I was sure. And I nodded.

"Are you positive Alicia?" He asked as if he wanted me to say no. I kept my word by say yes.

"Okay baby, here I'll call Sway to come get me when I'm done." He said handing me his car keys. I nodded. I walked out and got into the car. I smiled to myself when I saw a picture of me on his dashboard. As soon as I started the car my phone went off, I answered.

"Hello?" I answered only to hear my crying mother. After we've gotten kind of closer she's been calling me when she's in her crazy emotional states.

"Mom is everything okay?" I asked she mumbled something crazy and began to sob.

"Mom, I'm going to need you to speak English to me." I said. She sniffed before strafing her breathing.

"Why did I have to find out from Suzanne and the book club that my youngest daughter was getting married?" She asked now sound livid. I rolled my eyes.

"I apologize I thought Dallas's assistant sent you the news." I lied.

"Well fire here?" She said. I was a bit taken back by her statement.

"I beg your pardon?" I asked.

"She obviously didn't do what she was obligated to. Fire her ." my mother said.

"I will do no such thing. She's not my assistant, I'll talk to her about it. But I won't fire just because your mad." I said. I heard her huff

"You're just like your damn father." She whispered to herself before ending the call.

"At least I'm not like you." I said bitterly. As I drove I thought about my store I really haven't been in there like I used to before Dallas. I pulled up and walked in.

"Hello, Welcome to Asani's Clothing Boutique. I'll be right with you." I heard Janiece greet me.

"Hey Janiece, how you doing girl?" I asked she smiled widely.